Meeting: Bristol Town Council
When: Thursday, June 19
Key action: Approved an additional appropriation of $40,000 from the community capital development fund to repair town sidewalks. Work is underway to repair the worst ones this year. Work on the rest of the sidewalks will be done in phases over the next few years. A few residents are paying the contractor to work on the sidewalk to the front doors of their houses.
- Approved an additional appropriation from the cumulative fire and police fund of $116,530 for breathing apparatus for the Bristol Fire Department.
- Approved paying Jones, Petrie and Rafinski $17,500 for design and permitting of the town’s new well, as well as to integrate it with the existing water system
- Approved having the town sprayed at least once for mosquitoes; each application costs $2,500
- Gave approval for the Homecoming Committee to make improvements to the electrical service in Congdon Park
- Heard an update on the work of the Economic Development Corporation of Elkhart County
- Approved advertising for bids for a loan to pay off the town sewer bonds
- Adopted the town employee manual
- July 15 is the deadline for residents to be included on the map for the Bristol Community Garage Sale, which will be held July 31 through August 2. The cost to be included on the map is $5. For more information, call Sandy Lingofelter at 848-4010