Bristol Town Council hears about efforts to inform residents and receive their input
Meeting: Bristol Town Council Work Session
When: Tuesday, June 17
- Discussed progress made in enforcing the lawn ordinance.
- Discussed repairs being made to the worst sidewalks around town.
- Received a draft brochure to review. The brochure would give basic information on town services and ordinances.
- Heard that the parks department is developing a survey to get community input for the parks.
- Decided the town employee manual was ready to be voted upon at the regular council meeting Thursday evening.
- Received town employee job descriptions for review.
- Council members were asked to come Thursday evening with dates they could meet to work on the 2015 town budget.
- Heard that the Bristol Redevelopment Commission will meet at 5:30 p.m. July 7. The commission will begin work on creating a tax increment finance district for the newly annexed part of the Bristol Park for Industry.
- Received new information concerning tax increment finance districts.
- Heard that it would cost $7,500 to $10,000 to have the town sprayed for mosquitoes.
- Discussed street projects to be completed this year.
- Received information to review concerning the process for taking out a loan to pay off the town’s sewer bond.