Saturday, October 25, 2014

Elkhart cycling group grateful for new buffer rule

I was impressed with the city council members’ concern for and devotion to the well-being of all Elkhart residents, whether they be motorists or bicyclists, or both.

Posted on Aug. 9, 2014 at 4:11 p.m.

On behalf of Bike Elkhart Inc., I extend a thank-you to members of the Elkhart City Council for adopting the 3-foot bicycling passing rule for motorists – Ordinance 14-O-25. This ordinance will provide a key safety measure for those of us using bicycles on city streets for transportation needs, whether it be for recreation or out of need. I was impressed with the city council members’ concern for and devotion to the well-being of all Elkhart residents, whether they be motorists or bicyclists, or both.

Members of Bike Elkhart are keenly aware of the responsibility bicyclists have on public roads. We developed goals and objectives clearly outlining our mission for safety for everyone as it relates to bicyclists and motorists alike when sharing public roads. We endeavor to work with both bicyclists and motorists on safety education.

DANNY GRABER

Elkhart

Recommended for You

Posted on Oct. 23, 2014 at 6:42 p.m.
Posted on Oct. 23, 2014 at 6:33 p.m.
Posted on Oct. 23, 2014 at 6:48 p.m.
Back to top ^