Monday, July 28, 2014

Pray as Jesus and Mary instructed us

If saving our Constitution and/or peace in Arab countries were the accomplishment of prayerful men and women, it could be that God is not listening. Perhaps we and they are not praying as Jesus and Mary instructed us to pray.

Posted on July 1, 2014 at 5:04 p.m.

A June 18 letter to the People’s, titled America needs to turn back to God in prayer,“ was about the role praying to God played in drafting our Constitution.

The bottom line of the letter was this: “Freedom is a gift of God, not the accomplishment of men.” Moreover, it said our Constitution is a ”Declaration of Dependence“ on God almighty.I agree.

Historically, turning to God in prayer has brought about divine Intervention in human affairs.

We read and hear about fighting in Arab countries possibly ending in a nuclear war. It is of interest to recall that a major religion there is Islam, which is all about turning to God in prayer. Do Muslims pray that God will intervene and bring them peace? I wonder.

If saving our Constitution and/or peace in Arab countries were the accomplishment of prayerful men and women, it could be that God is not listening. Perhaps we and they are not praying as Jesus and Mary instructed us to pray.

God’s truth revealed by Jesus and by his mother, as well as handed down generation to generation (with much help from the Holy Spirit) is this: God must first be satisfied (obeyed) in order to remove the ultimate threat to our existence, i.e., God’s justice, commonly called God’s wrath.

ROBERT JEFFERSON

Goshen

Back to top ^