Thursday, July 31, 2014

County resident doesn't want property annexed by Elkhart

If we wanted to be in the city, that’s where we would have bought property to begin with! Forcing all of us into the city isn’t going to get people to go downtown and spend money!

Posted on June 7, 2014 at 1:32 p.m.

My family went to the Elkhart annexation meeting on June 2nd. I don’t feel the city cares about the people who live and have companies in our area, Zone 7.

The city council plans to force us into the city, which is something most of us don’t want! We can’t afford the water and sewage bills.

You call Elkhart the city with a heart, but who are you trying to fool? The last time I checked, I still live in the United States of America.

Will there be any advance notice when you will force the next annexation? I would like to know so I won’t purchase property in that area!

I will be signing the petition at M-3 & Associates at 28244 Clay Street after June 15th. I’m also going to go out of my way to get as many neighbors and businesses to sign it also.

If we wanted to be in the city, that’s where we would have bought property to begin with! Forcing all of us into the city isn’t going to get people to go downtown and spend money! I personally won’t unless I have to buy license plates!

DONNA WEST

Elkhart

Back to top ^