Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Goshen resident proud that Sheriff Rogers visited Bundy ranch

Ladies and gentlemen, we must continue to elect to office only those who, like Sheriff Brad Rogers, who are willing to stand up and defend our Constitution or we are going to lose it all.

Posted on May 15, 2014 at 1:55 p.m.

I feel that someone needs to respond to the May 14 article in The Elkhart Truth about the trip that Sheriff Brad Rogers took to Cliven Bundy’s ranch in Nevada (“Sheriff Rogers' Nevada trip spurs backlash from some, but he has no foe on the general election ballot”).

The sheriff went there on his vacation time, No. 1. No. 2, the sheriff went there not as a Republican, not as a Democrat, but to voice his opinion on defending the Constitution. He did not go to defend the so-called "deadbeat" Bundy, as claimed by Charles Mumaw, who is a Democrat.

Rogers did wear his uniform, but I wore my military uniform when traveling from one place to another.

Rogers expressed his opinion about what he believes is government overreach. I and many others share his belief. He did not express that this is the opinion of Elkhart County of even the state of Indiana.

I am so sick and tired of politicians from whatever party affiliation demeaning anyone who dares to speak out on the trampling of the U.S. Constitution.

I believe that Rogers, who is a Republican, has done a fine job as the sheriff of Elkhart County. I also believe there are some Democrats in Elkhart County who are doing a fine job.

Ladies and gentlemen, we must continue to elect to office only those who, like Sheriff Brad Rogers, who are willing to stand up and defend our Constitution or we are going to lose it all.

Good job, sheriff. I and many others are proud of your stand. We need more like you.

ROY (NICK) NICHOLS

Goshen

Recommended for You

Posted on Oct. 21, 2014 at 5:33 p.m.
Posted on Oct. 21, 2014 at 5:19 p.m.
Posted on Oct. 21, 2014 at 5:07 p.m.
Back to top ^