Friday, October 31, 2014

Good Samaritans helped Elkhart man on C.R. 6

I would like to publicly thank these three agents of God for their insight of seeing a dangerous situation and the presence of mind to know what to do. I didn't get any of their names, but they know who they are, and I'm eternally grateful!

Posted on May 12, 2014 at 5:19 p.m.

On April 22, I pulled out of Lowe's onto C.R. 6 with 200 pounds of lumber and ended up losing all of it in the fast lane. I immediately backed up on the right shoulder, hoping no one would hit it, wrecking their car, and/or injuring themselves. At the same time, a fellow of retirement age, same as me, pulled off onto the left shoulder next to the fallen lumber and grabbed a couple of sticks and ran towards my truck.

I passed him and grabbed a few sticks myself. I was worried one or both of us was going to get hit. But God's guardian angels had to be watching out for us because a semi-tractor trailer pulled up right in front of the pile of lumber, stopped, and turned on his blinkers, and another passenger car pulled up along side of him and turned on his warning lights.They stopped traffic as this total stranger and I hurried back and forth picking up my wood off the road.

I would like to publicly thank these three agents of God for their insight of seeing a dangerous situation and the presence of mind to know what to do. I didn't get any of their names, but they know who they are, and I'm eternally grateful!

When I offered to pay the man who helped me collect my fallen lumber, he refused saying, "No way. Things happen," and drove off.

It did my heart good to know there are still good people out there.

DANIEL ROLL

Elkhart

Recommended for You

Posted on Oct. 29, 2014 at 4:56 p.m.
Posted on Oct. 29, 2014 at 4:15 p.m.
Posted on Oct. 29, 2014 at 4:00 p.m.
Back to top ^