Thursday, August 28, 2014

Concord superintendent thanks referendum supporters

We are grateful for the confidence and trust that you have for the work that is to be done with Concord students. Your support means that we will continue to have excellent schools, which lead to a successful community!

Posted on May 9, 2014 at 3:37 p.m.

As a result of the impact of constitutionally instituted tax caps on our schools, the Concord school board was faced with the difficult decision to ask the community to support a local tax to replace those lost funds. Earlier this week, the Concord community responded with a vote of yes for Concord kids!

I would like to thank the Concord school board for making the difficult choice to pursue the referendum. The referendum process is the legal process put in place for schools in our situation, so our school board had not been faced with this challenge in the past. The members of our school board take their responsibility seriously and they know this was a difficult choice for our community members.

I would also like to thank the Yes for Concord Kids steering committee, a group of volunteers who donated much time and energy over these last few weeks to making sure that our community was as informed as possible. Their tireless efforts towards answering questions in person, in public and on social media, as well as distributing door hangers and yard signs and working the polls on Tuesday, are greatly appreciated.

The Concord community is special. From the beginning of this process, the grassroots nature of communicating and involving people drove much of the important communication and dialogue about our schools and about the choices that we were asked to make. I would like to thank our community. We are grateful for the confidence and trust that you have for the work that is to be done with Concord students. Your support means that we will continue to have excellent schools, which lead to a successful community!

WAYNE STUBBS

Superintendent

Concord Community Schools

Posted on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:49 p.m.
Posted on Aug. 27, 2014 at 5:11 p.m.
Back to top ^