Thursday, October 2, 2014

Recommended For You

Elkhart parent needs more information before making decision on referenda

On several occasions and to various sources I have sent inquiries regarding where I can find a line item budget for the school system, and to date, I have not received this information.

Posted on March 25, 2014 at 4:11 p.m.

I am the mother of four elementary schoolchildren in the Elkhart Community School Corp. I think there is nothing more important than the safety and security of my children, as well as every other child in the district. I think that the buildings and systems need to be maintained and updated, as necessary. I also would like to see bus service restored so that children won’t have to walk extended distances in extremes, be it cold, wet, heat, whatever.

I am neither for nor against the referenda on the May 6 ballot. I am in discovery mode, seeking necessary information in order to make an informed decision. Yet I am lacking the data I need. On several occasions and to various sources I have sent inquiries regarding where I can find a line item budget for the school system, and to date, I have not received this information. As a taxpayer, I believe that this tool would be valuable in allowing one to see how monies are budgeted and prioritized for expenditures. I have inquired as to a “Plan B” that would detail what the school system would pursue should the issue not pass on May 6; to date, I have not received any information. There hasn’t been any sort of prioritization indicating how and when measures that are sought would be implemented.

Most important, I see a lack of emphasis on furthering the educational experience of the students attending ECS, such as new books, additional technology or enrichment programs. I need answers in order to make a decision.

I support my children. I support the schools, teachers and other staff. I support ECS, but, without answers to these basic questions and without the requested information, I cannot support the referenda May 6.

CHRISTINE LARGENT

Elkhart

Script damon_bottomsharebar.cs threw an exception "Line: 30 Column: 3 Operator '.' cannot be applied to operand of type 'void' Line: 78 Column: 6 Since 'Script.GetLikes(string, org.libercus.scripting.Libercus)' returns void, a return keyword must not be followed by an object expression Line: 97 Column: 3 Since 'Script.GetLikes(string, org.libercus.scripting.Libercus)' returns void, a return keyword must not be followed by an object expression ". at org.libercus.ScriptHandler.Compile(String Code, String Language, String References, Boolean Debug) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\757bdf456787a3fc\Main\Libercus\Handlers\ScriptHandler.cs:line 113 at org.libercus.ScriptCache.Load(Cache cache, String Language, String scriptName, String _buf, String references, String checksum, Boolean Debug) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\757bdf456787a3fc\Main\Libercus\Cache\ScriptCache.cs:line 73 at org.libercus.ScriptCache._GetScript(BaseSession Session, String Language, String scriptName, String references, Boolean Debug, String& _filename) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\757bdf456787a3fc\Main\Libercus\Cache\ScriptCache.cs:line 109 at org.libercus.ScriptCache.GetScript(BaseSession Session, String Language, String scriptName, String references, Boolean Debug, String& FileName) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\757bdf456787a3fc\Main\Libercus\Cache\ScriptCache.cs:line 133 at org.libercus.ScriptHandler.ExecuteScript(BaseSession Session, String Language, LibVarSpace VarScope, String ScriptName, String Method, String References, Boolean Debug) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\757bdf456787a3fc\Main\Libercus\Handlers\ScriptHandler.cs:line 237 at org.libercus.ScriptHandler.TagExecute() in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\757bdf456787a3fc\Main\Libercus\Handlers\ScriptHandler.cs:line 66

Back to top ^