Thursday, August 21, 2014

Former Wisconsin state lawmaker supports Nisly

I have recently decided to support Curt Nisly in his bid for the Republican nomination in House District 22 and to be his campaign committee chairperson.

Posted on Feb. 18, 2014 at 2:06 p.m.

In 2010, I ran for the Wisconsin State Senate and defeated the sitting Democratic majority leader to help Republicans regain control of the chamber. I am proud to say I helped Gov. Scott Walker pass his key collective bargaining reforms in Wisconsin.

I moved to Warsaw, Ind., to be closer to my family. Naturally I began to follow Indiana politics. I have recently decided to support Curt Nisly in his bid for the Republican nomination in House District 22 and to be his campaign committee chairperson.

Curt is a conservative who will be an excellent fit for this Kosciusko County and Elkhart County district.

Curt supports local control of education, and he would have supported HEA1427, the pause to implementation of Common Core in 2013. This was the same position taken by area legislators such as Rep. Dave Wolkins, Rep. Tim Harman, and Sen. Ryan Mishler.

Curt believes church outreach ministries must remain free from excessive government regulation. He opposes legislation such as HB103,6 which would dictate to church day care centers activity levels and food selections. Nisly stands with Rep. Wolkins and Rep. Harman, who voted against HB 1036.

Curt's opponent, incumbent Rep. Rebecca Kubacki, is standing far removed from the consensus of north-central Indiana on these issues. Rep. Kubacki voted for immediate implementation of Common Core in 2013. She not only supports excessive regulation of church outreach ministries, she is also co-author of the bill to achieve this misguided government overreach into private business.

In House District 22 the choice is clear: vote Curt Nisly for State Representative on May 6!

PAM GALLOWAY

Warsaw

Back to top ^