Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Thanks to all who help during the winter

Looking back over a Saturday in snow country, I — like many others, I am sure — have a lot to be thankful for.

Posted on Feb. 15, 2014 at 2:39 p.m.

Looking back over a Saturday in snow country, I — like many others, I am sure — have a lot to be thankful for. On Saturday, Feb. 8, another snowy bad road day, my daughter and I were stuck at the end of my drive on CR 45 and had been pushing and shoveling for awhile to get out of the edge of traffic. Many cars and trucks passed, and finally a tan SUV stopped. Two very helpful men added their strength to move it and get us out. They will probably not see this, but the were greatly appreciated.

Then at Big R, While filling the truck with heavy bags of bird seed, a young man, who may have been an employee, helped get it all loaded.

I also have a generous neighbor who lets members of my family park in her drive when they come to shovel me out.

To top it off, at 4:30 the next morning, I happened to look out back where I feed birds and a large rabbit was digging in the snow for anything left over. God's wild creatures need help, too, in this weather.

I have missed church because of bad roads and a sore back, which I am sure is afflicting many others. This will be a winter to remember in my journal. We can be thankful for blessings given to us and for being a blessing to others. God is good in spite of it all. For everyone who helps out, please know you are greatly appreciated.

Mary Edmonds

Goshen

Posted on Aug. 30, 2014 at 11:05 a.m.
Posted on Aug. 30, 2014 at 11:11 a.m.
Back to top ^