Elkhart Truth Logo
Friday, April 18, 2014

People's Forum: Former supporter says Kubacki has changed his mind

Craig Nayrocker takes issue with Rep. Rebecca Kubacki for her positions on Common Core, other issues.

Craig Nayrocker
Posted on Jan. 27, 2014 at 7:42 p.m. | Updated on Jan. 27, 2014 at 10:49 p.m.

I admire Rep. Rebecca Kubacki’s strong work ethic and good heart. In early 2012, I noticed how she stood up under pressure for legislation that I feel will grow our Indiana economy. I also noticed she stood for freedom of business owners to run their establishments in the way they thought was best. In 2012, I handed out palm cards for her during the primary and general elections because I thought we were on the same page. She has changed.

Kubacki said on the palm cards, “The best people to decide what is good for our children are our parents and teachers right here in our district-not bureaucrats in Indianapolis.” Since then she has voted against pausing Common Core. Common Core takes away local and state control of education.

Kubacki voted in 2011 for our proposed constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage. This year she has declined to support our ability to vote on this next November.

Kubacki authored and was the lead sponsor of HB 1042 to regulate church day care centers. It did not pass in 2013. Church ministries are already regulated as to health and safety issues. The government money that goes to day care centers is money that follows each child. Day care centers do not apply for a subsidy for their ministries.

I do not have to dislike Kubacki to not support her. I do not have to not respect Kubacki to not support her. I do like and respect Kubacki. However, I endeavor to vote not based on personality but on the issues.

Because the issues are important to me, I feel it is time for a new representative for House District 22.

Craig Nayrocker

Warsaw

Back to top ^