Digital efforts from The Elkhart Truth gained recognition from the Local Media Association on Friday.
The Truth received four awards in the association’s 2014 Best in Digital Media Contest, which recognizes digital excellence and performance at local media companies.
The new elkharttruth.com received a first-place award for Best Layout and Design in a division for websites gaining up to 500,000 unique visitors per month.
"Modern look, well organized, not overwhelming amount of information, good amount of ads,“ said judges of the website. They also complimented its navigation on phones and tablets.
- The Elkhart Truth wins five Inland Press Association awards for editorials, multimedia and digital journalism
Oct. 9, 2014
- The Elkhart Truth wins eight Hoosier State Press Association awards
Dec. 8, 2014
- Elkhart Truth debuts interactive Elkhart County 4-H Fair Magazine
Aug. 13, 2014
- I Do bridal magazine features Michiana weddings, engagements
July 30, 2014
- Flavor 574 featured by Editor & Publisher and Newspaper Association of America
Aug. 7, 2014
- Flavor 574 releases new digital magazine for tablets
June 3, 2014
- Now, you can listen to Truth Radio 1340 on your phone
May 23, 2014
- Updates to elkharttruth.com: commenting page, top stories, community blogs and more
April 30, 2014
- Meet the new elkharttruth.com
Jan. 26, 2014
- How to add The Elkhart Truth to your smartphone's home screen
March 30, 2014
- Three Truth staffers win Hoosier State Press Association awards
Dec. 18, 2013
The website also received a third-place award for Best Community Website in a division for websites sized between 100,001 to 500,000 monthly unique visitors.
The Truth’s recent initiatives to serve mobile and tablet readers through digital magazines also won an award. In a competition against companies of all sizes, The Truth received a second-place award for Best Use of Mobile and Tablets.
How The Truth employed social media to serve readers during the tragic shooting at Martin’s Super Market in January 2014 also was recognized, earning an honorable mention in Best Use of Social Media for companies receiving at least 100,001 monthly unique visitors.
LMA is a trade association serving more than 2,000 suburban and community media companies in the United States and Canada. The 2014 Best in Digital Media Contest included 18 categories.