Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Recommended For You

Give Elkhart students the resources they need

After teaching math in Elkhart for 33 years. and coaching for 51 (and counting!) I know how hard our educators work. However, they are burdened by restrictions placed by the state legislature.

Posted on April 30, 2014 at 11:29 a.m.

I agree with the letters from Tom Kurth ("Former coach urges Elkhart to vote yes May 6") and Scott Sindle ("Elkhart Memorial grad supports May 6 referenda") regarding the upcoming referendum vote for Elkhart Community Schools.

Years ago our school system prepared me well for college. Years later, my children received equal benefit from the same system.

After teaching math in Elkhart for 33 years. and coaching for 51 (and counting!) I know how hard our educators work. However, they are burdened by restrictions placed by the state legislature.

Though the administration and school board never cease striving to give our children the best, resources are exceedingly limited. That's why I urge eligible voters to say yes to both of the May 6 referendums. Let's work together to give our young scholars the resources they need now and in the future.

JIM EGER

Bristol

Cornell College students listen as Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., a Democratic presidential hopeful, speaks during a campaign stop, Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2007, in Mount Vernon, Iowa.

Posted on Sept. 30, 2014 at 4:49 p.m.
 President Barack Obama addresses the 69th session of the United Nations General Assembly at the United Nations headquarters, Wednesday, Sept. 24, 2014. Behind the president is UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, center, and Sam Kutesa, right, President of the United Nations General Assembly.

Posted on Sept. 30, 2014 at 3:41 p.m.
 In this Tuesday, Sept. 23, 2014, photo, released by the U.S. Air Force, a pair of U.S. F-15E Strike Eagle flies over northern Iraq, after conducting airstrikes in Syria. U.S.-led coalition warplanes bombed oil installations and other facilities in territory controlled by Islamic State militants in eastern Syria on Friday, Sept. 26, 2014, taking aim for a second consecutive day at a key source of financing that has swelled the extremist group's coffers, activists said.

Posted on Sept. 30, 2014 at 1:50 p.m.
Back to top ^