Friday, October 31, 2014

Give Elkhart students the resources they need

After teaching math in Elkhart for 33 years. and coaching for 51 (and counting!) I know how hard our educators work. However, they are burdened by restrictions placed by the state legislature.

Posted on April 30, 2014 at 11:29 a.m.

I agree with the letters from Tom Kurth ("Former coach urges Elkhart to vote yes May 6") and Scott Sindle ("Elkhart Memorial grad supports May 6 referenda") regarding the upcoming referendum vote for Elkhart Community Schools.

Years ago our school system prepared me well for college. Years later, my children received equal benefit from the same system.

After teaching math in Elkhart for 33 years. and coaching for 51 (and counting!) I know how hard our educators work. However, they are burdened by restrictions placed by the state legislature.

Though the administration and school board never cease striving to give our children the best, resources are exceedingly limited. That's why I urge eligible voters to say yes to both of the May 6 referendums. Let's work together to give our young scholars the resources they need now and in the future.

JIM EGER

Bristol

Recommended for You

In this Oct. 24, 2014, file photo, members of the Department of Defense's Ebola Military Medical Support Team go through special training at San Antonio Military Medical Center in San Antonio.

Posted at 8:00 p.m.

Posted at 4:30 p.m.
 President Barack Obama gives a thumbs up to supporters as he campaigns for Wisconsin Democratic gubernatorial candidate Mary Burke during a rally at the North Division High School, Tuesday, Oct. 28, 2014, in Milwaukee.

Posted on Oct. 29, 2014 at 2:20 p.m.
Back to top ^