Thursday, July 24, 2014

Volunteering Try donating your time to make a difference

Posted on Sepa. 18, 2013 at 1:00 a.m. | Updated on Sepp. 18, 2013 at 7:49 p.m.

I would like to applaud the hard-working volunteers in our community who support many worthwhile causes, and I urge everyone to consider donating a small amount of time each month to making a difference in the lives of others. Share your love of animals through a pet therapy program, your gift of music or just sit and hold a hand. Turn your hobbies and interests into making a meaningful difference to a worthy cause in our community. Volunteering not only helps our community but also teaches our children about the power of volunteering and what it means to give back.

It is with sincere gratitude that I would like to recognize the tireless efforts of our hospice volunteers who bring comfort to those in need! Their commitment to helping our community is admirable, whether it be helping in the office, sharing their talents, sitting vigil or letting a veteran know their service has not been forgotten, AseraCare Hospice volunteers make a difference. AseraCare Hospice is always looking for more volunteers to join our team.

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has,” Margaret Mead said.

Jamie Gillum

Elkhart

Posted at 5:05 p.m.
 A protester waves a Texas flag and anti-immigration signs during a protest against people who immigrate illegally, Saturday, July 19, 2014, in Conroe, Texas.

Posted at 5:00 p.m.
Back to top ^