Saturday, August 30, 2014

Same-Sex Relationships Reality cannot be changed by redefining it to suit ourselves

Posted on Sepa. 16, 2013 at 1:00 a.m. | Updated on Sepp. 16, 2013 at 6:04 p.m.

Thank you, Roger Schmucker, for your Sept. 4 letter (“Making same-sex relationships legally the same as marriage affects all of us”). You have given the simple truth that reality cannot be changed by redefining it to suit ourselves.

Your example, same-sex relationships are not marriage, is not about real marriage. As you said: “Same-sex relationships are not marriage in objective reality.” Most Americans — most people everywhere — know the attempt to make same-sex relationships equivalent to marriage is a gross offense against order or decency. We can prove that throughout history, up to the past half-century, there has been no culture on Earth insolent enough to deny God his right to institute marriage as an invitation to a man and a woman to assist in the creation of one of his children.

The Supreme Court approval of “same-sex marriage” is another step toward denying God his authority to rule over his children.

You said it soon will be a legal hate crime to simply state what is in objective reality morally wrong. You are correct. This denial of objective reality is an insane as for me to say that I can react chemical A with chemical B and make a new product having no relation to either A or B. Half of my life’s work was with the objective reality that chemical reactions are examples of God’s authority to rule over the chemicals he created from a proton, a neutron and an electron.

Protestants, Catholics and Muslims, together with all God-fearing people, know the truth — God will hold us responsible for the wicked conduct of miserable failures (from the Oval Office to the Supreme Court to the streets of San Francisco).

Robert Jefferson

Goshen