Saturday, August 2, 2014

Celebrate Elkhart

Bathing A helpful idea if you can’t shower the regular way

Posted on Sepa. 16, 2013 at 1:00 a.m. | Updated on Sepp. 16, 2013 at 6:08 p.m.

I’m writing with a helpful idea for bathing, if one is unable to shower the regular way.

I couldn’t climb stairs, and I missed showering. So I came up with a way to shower in my kitchen. First I had my husband purchase a small wading pool, a one-gallon watering can and a bath mat. Using body wash, I soap and someone uses the watering can to rinse. I get a wonderful, hot shower.

I hope this helps someone.

Rose Meyers

Elkhart

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry announces a 72-hour humanitarian cease-fire beginning Friday between Israel and Hamas, in New Delhi, India, Friday Aug. 1, 2014. During the 72-hour cease-fire, there will be negotiations on a more durable truce in the 24-day-old Gaza war, the United States and United Nations announced. (AP Photo/Lucas Jackson, Pool)

Posted on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:15 a.m.
 FILE - In this April 20, 2013 file photo, members of a crowd numbering tens of thousands smoke marijuana and listen to live music, at the Denver 420 pro-marijuana rally at Civic Center Park in Denver. Organizers of Denver’s annual April 20 marijuana festival announced on Wednesday, April 2, 2014, that rapper B.o.B and singer Wyclif Jean will headline the event as they try draw a big post-legalization crowd and shake the memory of last year’s event, which was marred by a still-unsolved shooting. (AP Photo/Brennan Linsley, file)

Posted on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:00 a.m.
 House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio defends the work of the GOP during a brief news conference on Capitol Hill in Washington, Thursday, July 31, 2014, as Congress prepares to leave for a five-week summer recess. The institutional split of a Republican-led House and Democratic-controlled Senate has added up to inaction, especially in a midterm election year with control of the Senate at stake. Lawmakers have struggled to compromise on a handful of bills to deal with the nation's pressing problems amid overwhelming partisanship.   (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)

Posted on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:35 a.m.
Back to top ^