Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Thank you note: Edwardsburg cheerleaders helped raise money to fight cancer

Posted on July 19, 2013 at 1:00 a.m.

Relay for Life

It was a day of remembrance, celebration and giving back at the Edwardsburg Relay for Life 2013.

I want to thank coach Heather Hartley and all the Edwardsburg cheerleaders who participated, along with their families. Because of people like you, lives are being touched!

We are fortunate to have a coach who truly cares about mentoring our girls. It’s a passion for her to push the girls to be the best they can be in every aspect of their lives.

Going into the day of relay we had raised $2,400. I had secretly set a personal team goal of $5,000. Little did I know how awesome we’d do the day of the relay. The last figure I heard was not far below $5,000!

There are a lot of individuals and businesses who donated items to the team to auction off the day of relay. Those items alone brought in over $1,000! Also, many provided food and snacks for the Edwardsburg cheerleaders. I would like to shout out a huge thanks to all those people and companies. Special thanks to Bradley Blackburn Jr. for bringing out your car and putting it on display.

Thanks to all the cheerleaders who were willing to be dunked in the dunk tank. Thanks to Chad King, Jodi Rozycki, Kevin Dean (athletic director) and coach Hartley for doing this as well!

It’s because all these people and businesses that we might just be one step closer to finding a cure for this evil called cancer.

Thank you to everyone who was involved.

Chuck and Trena Horn

Edwardsburg, Mich,

This undated image posted on Wednesday, Aug. 27, 2014, by the Raqqa Media Center of the Islamic State group, a Syrian opposition group, which has been verified and is consistent with other AP reporting, shows a fighter from the Islamic State group, armed with a knife and an automatic weapon, next to captured Syrian army soldiers and officers, following the battle for the Tabqa air base, in Raqqa, Syria. A U.N. commission accused the extremist Islamic State organization of committing crimes against humanity as pictures emerged of the extremists' bloody takeover of the air base.

Posted on Aug. 31, 2014 at 4:00 p.m.
 A man closes off an entrance to the Last Stop outdoor shooting range Wednesday, Aug. 27, 2014, in White Hills, Ariz. Gun range instructor Charles Vacca was accidentally killed Monday, Aug. 25, 2014 at the range by a 9-year-old with an Uzi submachine gun.

Posted on Aug. 31, 2014 at 3:00 p.m.
Back to top ^