Friday, November 21, 2014

Thank you note: Edwardsburg cheerleaders helped raise money to fight cancer

Posted on July 19, 2013 at 1:00 a.m.

Relay for Life

It was a day of remembrance, celebration and giving back at the Edwardsburg Relay for Life 2013.

I want to thank coach Heather Hartley and all the Edwardsburg cheerleaders who participated, along with their families. Because of people like you, lives are being touched!

We are fortunate to have a coach who truly cares about mentoring our girls. It’s a passion for her to push the girls to be the best they can be in every aspect of their lives.

Going into the day of relay we had raised $2,400. I had secretly set a personal team goal of $5,000. Little did I know how awesome we’d do the day of the relay. The last figure I heard was not far below $5,000!

There are a lot of individuals and businesses who donated items to the team to auction off the day of relay. Those items alone brought in over $1,000! Also, many provided food and snacks for the Edwardsburg cheerleaders. I would like to shout out a huge thanks to all those people and companies. Special thanks to Bradley Blackburn Jr. for bringing out your car and putting it on display.

Thanks to all the cheerleaders who were willing to be dunked in the dunk tank. Thanks to Chad King, Jodi Rozycki, Kevin Dean (athletic director) and coach Hartley for doing this as well!

It’s because all these people and businesses that we might just be one step closer to finding a cure for this evil called cancer.

Thank you to everyone who was involved.

Chuck and Trena Horn

Edwardsburg, Mich,

Recommended for You

U.S. President Barack Obama, left, and Chinese President Xi Jinping drink a toast at a lunch banquet in the Great Hall of the People in Beijing Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2014. The United States and China pledged to take ambitious action to limit greenhouse gases, aiming to inject fresh momentum into the global fight against climate change ahead of high-stakes climate negotiations next year.

Posted 1 hour ago
 Entertainer and Navy veteran Bill Cosby at a Veterans Day ceremony, Tuesday, Nov. 11, 2014, at the The All Wars Memorial to Colored Soldiers and Sailors in Philadelphia.

Posted on Nov. 20, 2014 at 5:18 p.m.
 In this undated photo provided by the Kassig Family, Peter Kassig is shown  with a truck loaded with supplies. The Islamic State released a video Sunday, Nov. 16, 2014, in which a black-clad militant claimed to have beheaded U.S. aid worker Peter Kassig, who was providing medical aid to Syrians fleeing the civil war when he was captured inside Syria on Oct. 1, 2013. His friends say he converted to Islam in captivity and took the first name Abdul-Rahman.

Posted on Nov. 20, 2014 at 4:54 p.m.
Back to top ^