Wednesday, August 20, 2014

animal cruelty Why didn’t parents teach children right from wrong?

Parents must teach their children, like those who threw firecrackers at a dog, right from wrong
Posted on July 8, 2013 at 1:00 a.m. | Updated on July 8, 2013 at 6:07 p.m.

I am so upset after reading the headline in the Saturday, July 6, Elkhart Truth — “Dog injured by firework is euthanized,” and then the article! What is wrong with this society that makes children think this is OK to do? Animals — pets — are innocent creatures. Children, on the other hand, are taught how to behave by their parents. So, why weren’t these children taught right from wrong?

I would like to know where the parents of these children were when they were throwing fireworks at this dog. I believe that parents should be held accountable for their children’s actions in cases like this.

This is cruelty to animals! This poor animal suffered terribly being hurt like this! How could children do and witness something so horrible? Also, where was the owner of this poor dog when this act of cruelty was going on? I don’t know the circumstances, but I wish these witnesses would have stepped in to protect this dog.

My dog is a member of my family, as were my previous dogs. They are treated just like my children. I can’t imagine something so terrible happening to my beloved pets.

Rita Downing

Bristol

Posted at 11:33 a.m.

Posted at 11:07 a.m.
Back to top ^