Thursday, July 24, 2014

On Goshen shooting and mayor’s moratorium

ElkhartTruth.com readers comment on current events.
Posted on April 25, 2013 at 1:00 a.m. | Updated on April 25, 2013 at 4:47 p.m.

Our regular Friday look at reader comment on elkharttruth.com and The Truth’s Facebook page. All quotes are verbatim:

Story: “Teen suspects in Goshen shooting could be released today” (April 22).

Chuck W. Bower (Facebook): These guys are laughing their ***** off at America’s “strict” system of justice.

Pam Miller (FB): Your kidding me!

FreeAmerican: Good God.

What else can you figure would happen. This Goshen, aka “little Mexico”.

Now it’s really not safe to be out and about in Goshen. No more first Friday’s for me.

JackN: I thought “Crime has no place in Elkhart County.”

AnCap: One or more of them is “playing ball” with the cops, therefore the charges must wait until they are done. This is merely to lessen the charges. If none were “cooperating,” then you can guarantee Hill would be hitting them with everything within his high and mighty power. Between these crminal gangs, I don’t know which is worse: the hispanic gangs or the gang know as “government.” Well, the government gang operates like a parasite on our tax dollars, while the aforementioned do not, so now we know which one is worse.

deeogee: Immigration: Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, your gangs, your drug dealers, your murderer’s.

If we enforced our immigration laws, we could at least cut back on bad seed coming to our country. When you let them run wild across the border, this is what you get.

MikeD01: This is all the more reason why we need the 2nd Amendment. The Prosecutor’s Office went off “Half Cocked” and probably ruined any further action. Any Slick Lawyer will seize upon this and have a field day in court.

And what about us - “they” could care less as long as our tax money keeps pouring in.

What the government, (Prosecutors Office) has done is show that crime does pay and these illegals can literally get away with murder. That is the net result - our real world reality.

Time to “Lock & Load” - to protect ourselves, the government won’t do it.

Story: “Wesco objects to Elkhart mayor’s moratorium” (April 20).

Bret Null (FB): why is it everytime if we are not giving a company tax abatements, all they have to do is throw some republican some cash call something a job killer and the corporation gets what they want on top of there tax abatements. i read some ones post here in the forum and they threaten our jobs over what the city decides to do. WHY? we already give a ton of tax abatements, we are paying for our jobs.

Donna Finn (FB): I am truly disappointed in Moore, I thought he would have been a more considerate person. Power changes people.

Kalaine Fields: Wesco is out of control, in my opinion. If he wants to manage Elkhart, he should run for mayor - he is way outside his scope of responsibility.

Tom Butler (FB): He is proposing a conceptionally sound idea and general concept but for all the wrong reasons.

I think it is a good thing because it starts the conversation about monopolistic utility regulations.

I don’t agree with what Moore did, but it is a great parable about the power of utility controls that everyone can learn from if they will choose to stop thinking about people and think about ideas instead.

ltjomefdr: How many times do I have to say it. No one is paying exorbitant fees. They are getting away with paying county taxes and getting city sewer. Those of you who live in the city would like an agreement like that!

Posted 1 hour ago
 In this Saturday, July 19, 2014 photo, displaced Christians who fled the violence in Mosul, pray at Mar Aframa church in the town of Qaraqoush on the outskirts of Mosul, Iraq. The message played over loudspeakers gave the Christians of Iraq's second-largest city until midday Saturday to make a choice: convert to Islam, pay a tax or face death. By the time the deadline imposed by the Islamic State extremist group expired, the vast majority of Christians in Mosul had made their decision. They fled.

Posted 1 hour ago
 Fox News talk show host Sean Hannity tweeted this photo of himself with Texas Gov. Rick Perry on a gunboat patrolling the Texas border July 10, 2014

Posted 2 hours ago
Back to top ^