Monday, July 28, 2014

Same-sex marriage Bible is unequivocal on stance against homosexuality

Mike Fisher writes about same-sex marriage.
Posted on April 15, 2013 at 1:00 a.m. | Updated on April 15, 2013 at 7:03 p.m.

The God of the Bible, the supreme judge of all mankind, has had the same moral position on homosexuality from Moses to Paul to us today. Homosexuality was, and is forever, condemned by the one true God in Genesis 19:4-7, Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13, Judges 19:22-23, Romans 1:26-32, I Corinthians 6:9-11 and I Timothy 1:9-10. God unquestionably declares that homosexuality is not natural, inborn or to be tolerated. No one is born a homosexual (Romans 1:26-32)! It is entirely a sinful, sexual choice!

It is only because of America’s Christian biblical roots from the Ten Commandments that a murderer, a thief, a liar, a rapist, a child abuser or a prostitute is not morally or legally tolerated and that they lose a lot of their God-given equal rights in our society. If a society allows both immoral and moral people to have equal rights, the moral people begin losing their rights to freely live in a moral world. When it comes to defining morality, a society must restrict the rights of the immoral to give full rights to the moral.

In today’s pro-homosexual, media-driven culture, immoral homosexuality is gaining rights while moral heterosexuality is losing rights. Moral opposites cannot be given equal rights; one has to be accepted and the other has to be unaccepted. One is righteous and the other is wicked.

With godless homosexuality becoming tolerated, popularized, accepted and legalized, what crushes my heart the most is that our impressionable teens and college students are being intentionally deceived to think that they have to experiment with homosexuality to see if they are one or not. This is destroying our youth’s moral conscience.

It is high time for all biblical Christ followers, their churches and their pastors to stand publicly for traditional marriage and against same-sex marriage.

Pastor Mike Fisher

Grace Bible Church

Elkhart

Back to top ^