Tuesday, September 2, 2014

obamacare Reader predicts higher premiums

Reader Gloria Riegsecker worries about higher health insurance premiums under Obamacare in 2014.
Posted on March 9, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. | Updated on March 9, 2013 at 6:14 p.m.

I wonder what Obamacare is going to do to help me and how.

I was notified that my individual health care insurer, Everence (formally MMAA), decided that due to rising health care costs, it will no longer provide individual health care insurance starting in 2014. My premiums also increased $1,500 for the year. Do you know how frustrating that is, especially since although I am a diabetic, I do not have a lot of claims?

Because of the high cost of the premiums I thought I would check for a more affordable policy. Guess what? Blue Cross/Anthem turned me down because of my diabetic condition. So that makes me a high-risk person. In 2014 I am predicting that it will be hard to find affordable health insurance.

Everence has been in business for generations! People, if businesses are concerned and making decisions now on what they think might come down the pike to affect them financially, we better starting reevaluating our private situations. The quality of care coming from government will not be as good as you expect. And companies do not know what the Obamacare package will offer.

The American government has put us in the same position that a lot of us are in today due to reckless spending, in my opinion. The president got the tax increase he wanted. Now it is time to cut spending. We need controlled spending! Remember the trickle-down effect.

Government is killing us.

Gloria Riegsecker

Bristol

This undated image posted on Wednesday, Aug. 27, 2014, by the Raqqa Media Center of the Islamic State group, a Syrian opposition group, which has been verified and is consistent with other AP reporting, shows a fighter from the Islamic State group, armed with a knife and an automatic weapon, next to captured Syrian army soldiers and officers, following the battle for the Tabqa air base, in Raqqa, Syria. A U.N. commission accused the extremist Islamic State organization of committing crimes against humanity as pictures emerged of the extremists' bloody takeover of the air base.

Posted on Aug. 31, 2014 at 4:00 p.m.
 A man closes off an entrance to the Last Stop outdoor shooting range Wednesday, Aug. 27, 2014, in White Hills, Ariz. Gun range instructor Charles Vacca was accidentally killed Monday, Aug. 25, 2014 at the range by a 9-year-old with an Uzi submachine gun.

Posted on Aug. 31, 2014 at 3:00 p.m.
Back to top ^