Saturday, December 20, 2014

Muncipal Band Concert Elkhart can be proud of the musical event.

Rombke enjoyed Feb. 24 concert.
Posted on March 5, 2013 at 12:00 a.m.

The people of Elkhart can be proud of their municipal band’s concert Sunday, Feb. 24, at the beautiful Lerner Theatre.

My daughter, Candy Henkler, and my friend, Nancy Young, had a most enjoyable 90 minutes of beautiful music, led by Director Dave Swihart and associate conductor Steve Allen. Being a percussionist since 1943 — fifth grade — I enjoyed that section’s members; I love to watch the old bass drummer, who has been playing since kindergarten years!

The handsome Dr. Eugene Rousseau, guest saxophonist, performed for the second time since 2011. He holds the title of honorary professor at the Prague Conservatory and the Instituto G. Braga of Italy. His beautiful music included “Variations on Carnival of Venice,” “Tosca Fantasy” and “Harlem Nocturne.” He also performed “Poet and Peasant Overture” with Byce Cone on saxophone and Anna Hagan on harp.

I also want to extend a big “thank-you” to the good person who found my glasses in the street, where they had fallen from the car.

We always enjoy Allen Strike’s work as emcee, and the person running the sound system contributed to a wonderful concert.

Jean Rombke

Goshen

Recommended for You

Morin edit toon Pakistan Taliban massacre

Posted 2 hours ago
Back to top ^