Wednesday, July 30, 2014

mandatory flu shots No one should be forced to get a shot

Posted on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:00 a.m.

I too believe that no one should be forced to take the flu shot, an antigen they do not want. I applaud these Goshen Hospital nurses for taking a stand. Too bad the other nurses didn’t walk out in support.

I have a daughter who is an RN. She too was forced to take the shot. The idea of injecting a foreign antigen into her body stressed her. However, to hold her job she had to “conform.” Just where are our rights?

The drug companies are certainly making money. I wonder how much longer it will be before it’s mandatory to get a flu shot or else your Social Security check or pension is taken away. Watch and wait.

Parents don’t have a say about immunizations for their children. It’s a must to “conform” in order to go to school.

It is a real shame dedicated nurses who touched many lives in health care are being treated in this manner. May God bless each one of them as they continue to help people. I would like to know them personally and give them a pat on the back.

What happens to their seniority and pensions? Shame on you, IU Health Goshen Hospital, and all other hospitals that have blinders on and can’t see the other side.

Juanita Oldfield

White Pigeon, Mich.

Posted at 6:51 p.m.
 Belhaven, N.C., Mayor Adam O'Neal, left, walked to Washington, D.C., to draw attention to state leaders who won't accept new Medicaid funding under the Affordable Care Act.

Posted at 5:42 p.m.
Back to top ^