Saturday, October 25, 2014

people’s choices God allows people to make the wrong choices

Posted on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:00 a.m.

In response to Harry Dyck’s letter (“Thoughts on Israel, ‘Godless liberals,’” Dec. 17 People’s Forum), all I can think of is, “Wow, there is one angry man!”

If you don’t believe in God or in the Bible he inspired (as it appears Mr. Dyck doesn’t), then of course you won’t understand how Israel came into existence. Neither from the Canaanites nor from the Palestinians in 1948 was any land “stolen.” Truth is truth no matter whether you believe or not. That’s the amazing consistency about truth.

Jesus Christ was absolutely born of a virgin (that’s where truth comes into play) and His genealogy is relevant because that’s where He receives His Jewish heritage.

President Obama said it correctly in his Monday speech in Newberry, Conn. On Friday, Dec. 14, the day started out innocently, “then evil entered the building.” God didn’t enter with harmful intent, Mr. Dyck, but Satan certainly did. Evil is why violence occurs on a daily basis. It’s not because God doesn’t care; it’s because He allows people make the wrong choices to give in to evil influences to harm others.

What’s the big deal about the last 30 years of natural disasters? An increase has occurred because the time of Christ’s return continues to draw nearer (it’s that truth thing again).

I’m so sorry, Mr. Dyck, you see the God of the Bible as one who causes harm on this earth. If you decide someday to investigate this God of all gods, king of kings, lord of lords, the God of all creation, and Jesus Christ, the reason for the season we’re in, then I’d love to sit down with you. In the meantime, feel free to read the book, “Evidence That Demands a Verdict” by Josh McDowell.

Evan Martin

Goshen