Saturday, September 20, 2014

economics President Obama is trying to act as a dictator

James Gunn reacts to current debt and government.
Posted on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:00 a.m.

I continue to be the amazed at the apparent ignorance of the American people when it comes to economics and also what the U.S. Constitution stands for. I look at what has been happening in Egypt and it so reminds me of what is happening right here in the U.S. The major difference is the Egyptian people realized within about a year what their recently elected president was attempting to do. He has attempted to place himself as a dictator. We have a president who has been attempting to act as a dictator and after almost four years, the American people still don’t get it. He is now wanting authority to raise the national debt limit without approval of Congress.

Obamacare is one major reason for this escalation of debt and in poll after poll the American people do not want it. I know that no liberal or supporter of President Obama will answer this question, but how many of you would purchase a home or car by signing loan papers without reading them first? That is exactly what Nancy Pelosi said had to be done to pass the Obamacare bill. It seems unfathomable that someone with that intelligence level could even be elected to a federal office, but it did happen.

If the old proverb “ignorance is bliss” is true, there must be a majority of Americans who are really ecstatic. I wonder what their grandchildren and beyond will say about them when they are gone. These future generations will have their entire futures mortgaged beyond recovery. It is a shameful legacy that this generation is leaving to the future. I truly wonder if they feel proud.

James Gunn

Goshen

Posted on Sept. 19, 2014 at 2:00 p.m.
 This Aug. 13, 2014, photo of more than 200 Howard University students with their hands and arms in the air, accompanied by the Twitter hashtag “#dontshoot,” became an iconic expression online.

Posted on Sept. 19, 2014 at 1:32 p.m.
Back to top ^