Friday, October 24, 2014

John Weaver Parkway looks bad after tree work

Dennis Kulp reacts to the change in landscape of John Weaver Parkway.
Posted on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:00 a.m.

I would like to know who is responsible for the most terrible sight I have ever seen in Elkhart.

John Weaver Parkway is used by many people every day. It has beautiful trees and it is a beautiful sight when the leaves are changing every fall. The Parkway now looks like a prehistoric animal went down both sides just chewing and ripping everything. Trees, including beautiful birch trees, were bulldozed and left half in the ground and half out. All of these trees, bushes, and plants will die and look like a dump. I appreciate trimming back, but it could have been done in a better manner.

Limbs just chewed and ripped off. A beautiful piece of property destroyed. Could someone please go clean up that mess and at least trim it up? Cut the wood up and give it to someone who burns wood for heat in their home and cannot afford to pay their heating bills. Take the beautiful birch trees and trees just lying on their sides away.

The city now wants to spend almost $300,000 on the purchase of the downtown armory. Could we clean up John Weaver Parkway first? This is a very sore sight for the city of Elkhart.

Dennis Kulp

Elkhart

Recommended for You

Posted on Oct. 23, 2014 at 6:42 p.m.
Posted on Oct. 23, 2014 at 6:33 p.m.
Posted on Oct. 23, 2014 at 6:48 p.m.
Back to top ^