Elkhart Truth Logo
Thursday, April 24, 2014

On anti-Obama billboard, Jackie Walorski

eTruth.com readers comment on timely news topics.
Posted on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:00 a.m.

Our regular Friday look at reader comment on eTruth.com. All quotes are verbatim:

Story: “Anti-Obama sign in Elkhart to come down” (Nov. 13).

Read it here: http://is.gd/bQrImD

TomButler: Well at least they admitted it was about Obama.

For all the metaphorically challenged who posted and wrote letters that they could not understand how possibly it could be referring to The President:

Now have their answer directly from Nunemaker - It was about Barack Obama all along.

elwood: Leave it up. You need a rallying sign for secession. Besides, it’s still Obama and you did say that after the election you had one more option.

mynewspaper: I recently moved from Elkhart (in Aug) and relocated to West Virginia. It is comical to me that people are protesting a sign such as this since down here, in “Coal Country”, everyone has yard signs that say “Stop the war on coal, fire Obama”. Leave it to the stiff shirts, and right wing politicals in the corrupt city of Elkhart to protest a sign such as this one. I am so glad I am out of “Hellkhart”.

jhermsen: Perhaps the new sign should read:

TEA PARTY FOLLOWERS, EITHER GET ON BOARD WITH THE REST OF THE NATION, OR PACK YOUR BAGS AND LEAVE THE COUNTRY.

The notion was supported by Nixon and Agnew and the GOP back in the 1970s

deverett: Actually the voters did exactly what the founding fathers advocated. They used the one thing that apparently can’t be purchased, their vote.

Story: “Walorski: Battling partisan gridlock will be ‘priority one’ (Nov. 9).

Read it here: http://is.gd/ZputBY

TheLibertyScale: First I gotta say ‘Gridlock’ Oh yea, gridlock is good for you because when these people agree on something you end up with the Patriot Act, NDAA, DHS, TSA, The (un) Affordable Healthcare Act, ect.

So I hope the battle is for more gridlock not less.

In truth the R’s and D’s agree on all the big issues. Stop listening to what they say and watch what they do.

jamespiech: Mrs Walorski. I did not vote for you because I could not bring myself to come to terms with your commercials promising MOM that you would fight to the death for her healthcare and FICA, while supporting Mr. Bush’s privitations of FICA and your statements on the Affordable Healthcare Act. However I am willing to give you a chance to prove your sincerity by FIXING rather than DESTROYING our Health system.... The ball is in your hands and the vote is in ours ... Try not to forget that .... Respectfully Jim Piechorowski

suziecue: Jackie, I am one of your most ardent supporters ... sending you to DC is a goal we have finally realized. You will be swimming in a bigger shark tank and we - your supporters - will be praying for you every step of the way. I urge you to stand strong on our Christian heritage (I know you ... and I know you will do that!) and I urge you to stand up for our conservative Hoosier values. You have done so in the past and I fully expect that to continue. I also urge you to not pay too close attention to the cabbage-cutters in DC ... stay out of the swamp Smile and keep your eyes fixed on the goals you set before this election: stay fixed on our God ... on our Constitution ... and thereby stay focussed on getting this once-great nation back to her rightful position as the best nation on earth, because God caused us to be formed based upon the principles He gave the Founders.

I also expect to be able to stay in touch personally with you....

Congratulations ... and be blessed, Jackie!

A group called Vote No in Concord hopes to encourage people not to vote for Concord schools' referendum in May.
Posted on April 23, 2014 at 4:21 p.m.
 John Steinbeck. AP Photo/Associated Press
Leonard Pitts
Posted on April 23, 2014 at 3:44 p.m.
Back to top ^