No injuries in Elkhart drive-by shooting
No one was injured when shots were fired at an Elkhart home Monday afternoon.
By Emily Pfund
Posted on June 3, 2013 at 1:00 a.m.
| Updated on June 3, 2013 at 7:58 p.m.
ELKHART — No one was injured Monday afternoon, June 3, when a drive-by shooter fired at an Elkhart home.
Elkhart police officers were called to 813 McDonald St. at 4:33 p.m. for a report of a drive-by shooting.
Children laughed and played at the playground at Mary Beck Elementary School across the street from the crime scene while officers marked and photographed evidence.
An officer at the scene said a pickup truck in front of the residence had been struck by one bullet and a minivan was hit three times.
No bullets struck the house.
A neighbor said it was the third drive-by shooting at the house in the past week. One shooting occurred on Saturday, June 1, and the other earlier last week, he said.
The neighbor said shooters accidentally shot his garage last year in an attempt to target the same house.