Elkhart Fire Department investigates possible gas leak
Elkhart Fire Department responded to a gas leak at an Elkhart business Monday afternoon.
By Sharon Hernandez
Posted on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:00 a.m.
| Updated on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:16 p.m.
ELKHART — The Elkhart Fire Department was called this afternoon to 225 Collins Road, just east of Elkhart, where they investigated a possible gas leak.
Employees from BlueLinx, a distributor of building products, were evacuated from the building as firefighters inspected the area. Traffic was also blocked from access to Collins Road via Industrial Parkway.
The initial call came in around 1:37 p.m. according to dispatch. Most fire engines were ordered to go to back in service around 2:30 p.m. and the last one cleared from the scene just after 3 p.m.