2 injured in Halloween night fire
Posted: 11/01/2013 at 8:17 pm
By: Truth Staff
Click here to view in a gallery.
The Truth file photo
LaGrange County emergency dispatchers said firefighters responded to 1225 North/1200 West at 6:21 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31 for a report of a house fire.
The caller told dispatchers two people had suffered minor burns.
WSBT reports that Shipshewana and Middlebury firefighters arrived at the scene to find flames shooting out of the roof a building attached to a two-story home.
The fire was caused by a propane leak from an outdoor cooking burner that had been brought inside, WSBT reports.
The burn victims were taken to St. Joseph Hospital in Fort Wayne and Parkview LaGrange Hosptal.