Halloween 2013: Your guide to fall fun in Michiana
Posted: 10/11/2013 at 1:15 am
By: Krystal Vivian
Click here to view in a gallery.
Deb Brown, an Elkhart woman who puts up huge displays in her yard for Halloween each year passed out candy as they celebrated her grandson’s 1st birthday, who was rather ironically, born on Halloween (six weeks premature), so it wasnít planned. Grandpa Dan Brown gives Jaxon Brown a tour of the set up. ¬ (Truth Photo By Larry Tebo)
Trick-or-treaters gather candy on Halloween (photo supplied).
Organizations and groups throughout Michiana are hosting several fall and Halloween-themed events throughout the month of October. Whether you’re looking for something sweet or something spooky, there are several events to choose from all month long.
Bristol: 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31
Cassopolis, Mich.: Trick-or-treat hours will be voted on Monday night, Oct. 14.
Edwardsburg, Mich.: 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31
Elkhart: 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31
Goshen: 5:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31
LaGrange: 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31
Middlebury: 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31
Nappanee: 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31
Osceola: 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31
Shipshewana: Thursday, Oct. 31
Union, Mich./Porter Township: 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31
Wakarusa: 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31
• A free trick-or-treat event for children 12 and younger will be at Island Park in Elkhart.
• Woodland Manor, located at 343 Nappanee St., Elkhart, is hosting an indoor Disney-themed trick-or-treat event from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31.
• Children are invited to ‘Trick or Treat Main Street’ in Goshen on Halloween.
• SJRMC is hosting a 5K Family Color Run followed by a Trunk-and-Treat event in their parking lot.
• Studebaker National Museum is hosting a Trunk-or-Treat bash.
• Niles Haunted House is open every weekend through Nov. 2 and on Halloween night.
• Fear Itself Legend Park is open Thursday through Saturday every weekend through Nov. 9 and on Oct. 29 and 30. Hours vary.
• Hall of Heroes Super Hero Museum is turning into Hall of Villains for two weekends in October.
• Woodlawn Nature Center is offering guided tours of its haunted woods.
• Potawatomi Zoo is hosting its annual Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular for adults.
• The Humane Society of Elkhart County is hosting Woofoween for pets, their owners and all animal-lovers.
• Wing’s Etc. in Osceola is hosting a Zombie Ball, which includes a volleyball tournament, live music and more.
• Brentwood at Elkhart Senior Living community is hosting a Monster Mash Halloween party for seniors.
• Ox Bow County Park is hosting a Halloween campfire and hayride on Tuesday, Oct. 29, and Wednesday, Oct. 30.
• Nappanee Missionary Church is hosting The Freak Show, a family-friendly event that includes a comedian, a band, an illusionist, an evangelist and more.
• Girl Scout Troop 10827 is hosting a fall carnival at Woodlawn Nature Center.
• Pillars of Elkhart is hosting an Oktoberfest chili cook-off in downtown Elkhart’s Central Park.
• Hoosier Taekwondo in Middlebury is hosting its annual Harvest Party.
CORN MAZES AND PUMPKIN PATCHES
• Amazing Acres Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch in Edwardsburg, Mich., features hayrides, pumpkin patches, a cow train and several other activities.
• Knollbrook Farm in Goshen features a 10-acre corn maze, a farm animal petting area and more.
• Thistleberry Farm Corn Maze in South Bend features a Wizard of Oz-themed adventure maze, pony rides, a pumpkin patch and more.
• IHOP is serving up seasonal treats, including pumpkin pancakes, all October long.
Is your organization hosting a fall or Halloween-themed event not listed? Send a press release to Krystal Vivian at email@example.com.