Hope for a Cure open house slated for Oct. 9
Posted: 09/26/2013 at 9:41 am
ELKHART — Elkhart General Center for Cancer Services is hosting an open house from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 9 in the Hospital West Wing.
Hope for a Cure: An Evening of Fun, Fashion, and Inspiration to Raise Cancer Awareness will have something for everyone. The center will provide information and education on the latest cancer prevention strategies.
• Fashion show featuring Jules Boutique
• $10 pink hair extensions provided by The Beauty Shoppe. Proceeds going to the Elkhart General Foundation Oncology Patient Assistance Fund (OPAF)
• Shop local retailers. Portion of proceeds go toward the OPAF
• Interact with those involved in cancer treatment by experiencing the Health Odyssey: A Journey through Cancer Care exhibit
• Physician and clinician seminars
• Screening mammograms – Pre-registration required. A special gift will be given to the first 12 women who pre-register. Some restrictions apply.
• Free screenings include:
o Oral, head and neck cancer screenings by otolaryngologist, John Gilbert, D.O.
o Skin cancer screenings by DermaCenter PC
o Blood pressure and body fat screenings
• Accountable care act resource corner
• Chair massages
• Exercise demos
• Hors d’oeuvres
A gift bag will be given to the first 100 attendees.
Pre-registration is required for only the mammograms. To register, please call Integrated Patient Scheduling at 523-3444.
For event information please visit www.egh.org or call 523-3303. The open house is free to the public.