Tuesdays anticipated heat alters high school sports schedules
Posted: 09/09/2013 at 6:00 pm
By: Truth Staff
Click here to view in a gallery.
Julio Solano (7) of Concord High School dribbles the ball away from Alex Rosales (8) of Elkhart Central High School during a game at on Saturday, Sept. 7, 2013 in Elkhart. Concord re-scheduled its game on Tuesday, Sept. 10, with Goshen because of forecast high temperatures. (Truth Photo By Jon Garcia)
Concord, NorthWood and Wawasee were among the first schools on Monday to move some of their Tuesday events.
Other schools may wait until Tuesday to make possible changes.
As of Monday afternoon, the forecast for Tuesday included a high of 95 degrees in Elkhart, according to weather.com.
By hour, temperatures were slated to be 93 at 4 p.m., 92 at 5 p.m., 90 at 6 p.m., 87 at 7 p.m. and 84 at 8 p.m. — with the humidity making it feel 2 degrees warmer at each of those times.
• Wawasee, Concord vs. Northridge at Bonneyville Mill Park, ppd. from Tuesday, Sept. 10 to Thursday, Sept. 12, 5:30 p.m.
• Goshen at Warsaw, site changed from Grace College to WHS and time moved back to 6 p.m.
• Plymouth at NorthWood, Tuesday, Sept. 10, time moved back to 7 p.m. for boys race, girls to follow.
• Concord at Elkhart Memorial, Tuesday, Sept. 10, time moved back to 5:30 p.m.
• Plymouth at NorthWood, Tuesday, Sept. 10, time moved back to 6:30 p.m.
• Concord at Goshen, Tuesday, Sept. 10, varsity time moved back to 7:30 p.m.; JV game moved to 5 p.m. Sept. 11
• Huntington North at Wawasee, Tuesday, Sept. 10, time moved back to 6 p.m.
• NorthWood at Concord, Tuesday, Sept. 10, changed to varsity only at 7 p.m.; JV game moved to 4:45 p.m. Sept. 13.