Bristol Town Council, Aug. 15, 2013
Posted: 08/16/2013 at 2:20 pm
Key action: Awarded the bid for the construction of Industrial Drive to Niblock Excavating for $845,717.35. The new road will connect Earthway Industrial Park, where Utilimaster is, to S.R. 15. Also voted against extending sanitary sewer as part of the project, lowering the total to $784,835.60. NIPSCO is slated to move five utility poles the first week of September to begin preparation for the new road.
• Approved releasing the balance of a lien against Golfview Manor Apartments and seeking no further payments of the unpaid balance on the account. In 2012, a broken water line eight feet underground created water and sewer bills that were much larger than usual.
• Approved having Umbaugh and Associates do a utility rate study for the water department at a cost of $5,900. The last rate study was done in 1999.
• Approved an additional appropriation of $16,900 from the police fire cumulative fund for Stortz couplings for the town’s larger fire hydrants.
• Approved seeking an additional appropriation of $2,800 from the police fire cumulative fund so the Bristol Fire Department siren will work in conjunction with the town’s new tornado sirens.
• Approved allowing the police department to purchase a new Impala for $22,900, replacing a 2006 police vehicle with 140,000 miles on it.