Goshen Board of Public Works and Safety and Stormwater
Posted: 07/30/2013 at 1:01 pm
Key action: Accepted the resignation of Steve Taft as EMS captain effective retroactive to July 18. He will return to the rank of private first class.
• Granted The Post’s request to block off North Sixth Street from East Lincoln Avenue to the alley just behind The Post from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday, Aug. 2. The street will be closed for a block party.
• Accepted a balancing change order for the resurfacing of Blackport Drive, which adds $2,658.88 to the original contract price. The additional funds were required after extra material was used to smooth out the surface.
• Accepted a balancing change order for the sanitary sewer lining project on West Avenue, Hickory Place, Glenwood Drive and James Place. A field work change directive was issued to upsize the liner to 15 inches. The work increased the project cost by $1,427 for a final cost of $79,941.
• Accepted a change order for the Dickerson Landing phase II project, extending the completion date to Aug. 16, 2013. The extra time was required due to weather, matching of driveways and grade adjustments.
• Granted the bid for the 2013 asphalt paving project to Walsh and Kelly for a total of $186,526.
• Granted a variance request for a sewer tap for a secondary structure at 2124 Caragana Court for Dutchmen Manufacturing.
• Granted a temporary variance to Hernandez Event Center, 2408 Eisenhower Drive, to allow more time to install a hard surface parking lot. The event center’s owners must install a black top on half of the lot by Aug. 1, 2014, and the complete the other half by Aug. 1, 2015.
• Adopted a resolution that gives notice of an account holder’s right to a hearing before the board if the holder believes a disconnection notice was issued in error or believes a utility bill is incorrect. City Attorney Larry Barkes explained the resolution simply formalizes a process that is already in place and the existence of the process will now be placed on bills.