Goshen awards bids for North Wellfield roof replacement
Posted: 05/07/2013 at 11:01 am
When: Monday, May 6
Key action: Accepted an agreement allowing NIPSCO to create a temporary access road on city property to transport a mobile substation to their Rock Run substation while performing maintenance and repair at the location behind the city’s north water plant at 308 N. Fifth St.
The gravel stone access road will be in use while the company does repairs and will be reverted back to its original state once work has been completed by Oct. 31, 2013.
• Awarded bids for the North Wellfield roof replacement project and phase two of the Dickerson Landing Neighborhood project.
The contract for the roof replacement at the city’s North Wellfield building, 308 N. Fifth St., was awarded to Lawmasters Inc. of Elkhart, who submitted the low bid of $66,952.
• Phase two of the Dickerson Landing Neighborhood project was awarded to C&E Excavating for a total contract price of $174,302.75.
• Accepted an agreement with Village Blacksmith to upgrade the railings on the bridge over the Elkhart River that connects Mullet and Shanklin parks.
A bridge inspection in 2012 found that the bridge had gaps too large between rails. The bridge will be closed daily while Village Blacksmith does the work and will be reopened nightly.
• Approved and executed a joint resolution with Elkhart County for the transfer of tax sale certificate interests for six plots, including the site of the former Goshen Inn.
• Declared computers and computer equipment as surplus property and resolved to dispose of it as surplus property.