NWS: More snow headed Elkhart Countys way
Posted: 03/23/2013 at 5:50 pm
By: Truth Staff
The outlook covers much of southwestern Michigan and northern Indiana, including Elkhart County, and warns of snow starting Sunday and going into Monday morning.
“There is still some uncertainty in the exact track ... but total accumulations of two to five inches are possible by Monday afternoon,” said the National Weather Service. The lightest snowfall will probably be in southwestern Michigan.
The forecast specific to Elkhart calls for a 20 percent chance of snow after 5 p.m. Sunday and an 80 percent chance of snow later Sunday night, with one to two inches of white stuff possible.
A more serious winter storm watch warns of heavy snow late Sunday into early Monday morning in a band immediately south of the northernmost tier of Indiana counties, including Kosciusko, Marshall and Noble counties.