Middlebury Town Council, March 18, 2013
Posted: 03/19/2013 at 11:05 am
Key action: Held a public hearing on new sewer rates and passed an ordinance increasing the rates by roughly $10 a month for a residential customer who uses 4,000 to 5,000 gallons a month. The increased rates will be used to pay for improvements to the town’s wastewater system.
• Accepted a resolution approving an interlocal agreement for wastewater services with Elkhart County to use the TIF revenues from the Meijer TIF district, which is the county’s TIF district, for improvements to the town’s wastewater system.
• Approved an ordinance to use the remaining funds from the 2006 waterworks bonds to pay for remote read water meters and meter reading equipment and for a water main project from Warren Street to Berry Street.
• Announced that an Easter egg hunt will be 10 a.m. Saturday, March 30, at Memorial Park and the fire department.
• Announced that town clean-up days for residents within the town of Middlebury will be April 11-13.
• Approved allowing the Middlebury Elementary Family 5K event to use town streets on May 18.
• Town offices will be closed on Good Friday, March 29.