November home sales in Elkhart County dip, but are up in the first 11 months of the year
Posted: 03/08/2013 at 1:15 am
By: Truth Staff
Through the first 11 months of the year, though, sales are up, along with median home sales prices.
Here are the latest stats from the Indiana Association of Realtors, released Monday:
• There were 133 home sales in November, down 3.6 percent from 138 the same month in 2011. The median price went up, from $105,000 to $112,000.
• In the first 11 months of 2012, there were 1,617 sales, up 9.4 percent from 1,478 in the same period a year earlier. The median home price went from $95,000 to $100,000.
• As of November, there was 7.3 months worth of inventory on the Elkhart County housing market, compared to 9 percent a year earlier.
• Statewide, November home sales totaled 5,566, up 26.2 percent from 4,411 a year earlier. Year to date through November, sales totaled 61,541, up 15.3 percent from 53,393.
• Statewide, the number of home sales has increased year over year for 17 straight months. The median home sales price has gone up for 12 consecutive months and the average sales price has increased for 11 months in a row.
“Home sales continued to increase through the end of November suggesting that Hoosiers’ belief in homeownership remains strong as the year comes to a close,” Karl Berron, chief executive officer of the Indiana Association of Realtors, said in a press release. “But the biggest story of today’s report and perhaps the whole year is that homes have not only held their value, but also made price gains.”