On The Move, Feb. 3, 2013
Posted: 02/03/2013 at 1:15 am
Click here to view in a gallery.
Danny Conroy (Photo Supplied)
Robyn Palmer (Photo Supplied)
Ron Zeltwanger (Photo Supplied)
Stacey Walworth (Photo Supplied)
Timothy Burkholder (Photo Supplied)
Wayne Popovic (Photo Supplied)
Steve Deranek (Photo Supplied)
Sara Emberton (Photo Supplied)
Alexander Hoover (Photo Supplied)
ELKHART — MutualBank announces the promotion of Robyn Palmer to client relationship manager for Kosciusko and Elkhart counties.
In his new role, Palmer will work with MutualBank clients one-on-one by serving as a point person, providing advice, recommending solutions and helping clients work toward achieving their financial goals. Palmer has more than 10 years of experience serving in various roles at MutualBank.
ELKHART — CAPS has announced two new additions to their development department:
• Sara Emberton is the new development associate. Emberton has previous experience planning large-scale events for a student housing property in East Lansing, Mich.
• Stacey Walworth has been hired as the events specialist. Walworth has extensive experience in marketing and event planning, most recently with the Grand Rapids Ballet Company. She will assume many of the responsibilities previously performed by Bobbi Meyers, who recently retired from CAPS.
FOREST CITY, Iowa — Winnebago Industries Inc. has announced the appointment of Wayne Popovic to the position of national sales manager of Winnebago Industries Towables.
In his new position, Popovic is responsible for sales of the company’s Winnebago and SunnyBrook travel trailer and fifth wheel products. Popovic joined Winnebago Industries Towables in July 2012 and served as the sales manager for the East Coast. He is a seven-year veteran of the RV industry.
Prior to joining Winnebago Industries Towables, Popovic served as regional sales manager at Gulf Stream Coach, Coachmen Industries and, most recently, national sales manager for Freedom Express at Forest River Industries. Popovic also served as national account executive and digital sales representative at Mossberg & Co. Inc. and as account representative for Lami-Plast, Inc. A native of South Bend, Ind., Popovic resides in Granger.
Anabaptist Disabilities Network
GOSHEN — Anabaptist Disabilities Network (ADNet) President Jim Smith announced that Timothy Burkholder will join ADNet as executive director to complement the work of Christine Guth, who is continuing as program director.
Burkholder, with more than 40 years of experience working in a variety of churchwide ministries, will now work half-time in the Goshen office. Burkholder recently retired as director of development and church relations at Mennonite Education Agency, and prior to that served as the interim executive conference minister at Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference. His conference experience also includes nine years as executive secretary of Northwest Mennonite Conference, where he served congregations in Alaska, Alberta, Montana and Saskatchewan.
Burkholder has also served 11 years as a member of the Ministry Leadership Council and is presently chair of the congregation. He has been a member of the Intercultural Relations Reference Committee of Mennonite Church USA since 2002. He is a former member of the Mennonite Church General Board, the Mennonite Publishing Service Board, the Hesston College Board of Overseers and the design team for Mennonite Church USA. He was also the chair of the Stewardship and Finance Commission of Indiana-Michigan Conference for three years.
Law Office of Christopher G. Walter
NAPPANEE — The Law Office of Christopher G. Walter PC has announced the hiring of Alexander Hoover as associate.
Hoover was born in South Bend, and worked as an intern for the Marshall County Prosecutor’s Office for three years prior to being admitted to the bar. Hoover will be practicing in the areas of family law, real estate and criminal law, and is accepting new clients.
Memorial Hospital of South Bend MedFlight
SOUTH BEND — Kenneth Nemes, outreach program coordinator for Memorial Hospital of South Bend MedFlight program, received the 2012 William T. Schmidt Lifetime Achievement & Education Award on Wednesday during a ceremony at the South Bend Airport Department of Public Safety Building.
The award recognizes one individual in the public safety profession who has dedicated their career to the education and training of others, and to the improvement and development of the profession in which they serve. The award has been administered by South Bend Airport’s Department of Public Safety since 1997.
Nemes has been with Memorial Hospital since 2000, where he is responsible for marketing and coordination of the air medical (helicopter) transport service. In addition, he coordinates all promotional activities and provides landing zone training. Prior to his time with Memorial Hospital, Nemes served in various capacities as a safety specialist, corporate risk, and safety and health manager. Nemes has been a member of the Penn Township Fire Department since 1973, at one time serving as fire chief, and has multiple certifications. He is on the Memorial Hospital Trauma Symposium Planning Committee and is a lifelong resident of St. Joseph County.
1st Source Bank
SOUTH BEND — 1st Source Bank has announced new positions for the following employees:
• Danny Conroy is now the continuous improvement leader and will oversee the bank’s efforts to improve effectiveness and maximize efficiencies. Conroy has been with the bank for nearly seven years, most recently as regional sales manager in the bank’s Community Region.
• Steve Deranek, regional sales manager for the bank’s east region in Elkhart and Kosciusko counties, will take on additional responsibilities as the sales manager for the bank’s community region. Deranek started at 1st Source in 1985 and has extensive experience in retail and private banking.
• Ron Zeltwanger is the bank’s new manager of central region banking centers and is responsible for 23 banking centers in the South Bend, Niles and Dowagiac area. Zeltwanger joined the bank in 2001 and has served as regional president in the bank’s community region, which includes Marshall, Fulton, Pulaski and Starke counties. Most recently, Zeltwanger was the bank’s continuous improvement leader.
Greater Elkhart Chamber of Commerce
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Institute for Organization Management, the professional development program of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, has appointed Claudia J. Meenan, membership retention manager/events for the Greater Elkhart Chamber of Commerce, to the Midwest Board of Regents. As a member of this board, Meenan will implement the policies created by the institute’s national board of trustees.