Local venues offer deals to watch Irish in BCS game
Posted: 01/07/2013 at 1:15 am
By: Emily Duchon
Click here to view in a gallery.
The Lerner Theatre in downtown Elkhart. (Photo Supplied)
Various restaurants and pubs will be offering a place to watch the game, with some venues also providing special menus.
• Between the Buns, 2041 Cassopolis St., Elkhart, is taking reservations and will be playing the game. Those who reserve a booth will secure a personal table television to watch the game on. For reservations, call 206-9900.
• Key Bank Building’s outdoor plaza, 202 S. Michigan St., South Bend, will have a lunchtime tailgate party with food, games and music from noon to 2 p.m. with lawyers and staff of Faegre Baker Daniels hosting building tenants and other friends and community members.
• Legends of Notre Dame Alehouse and Pub, 54801 Juniper Road, Notre Dame will be showing the game. For information and reservations, call 631-2582.
• The Lerner Theatre, 410 S. Main St., Elkhart, will have a tailgate beginning at 7 p.m. in the Crystal Ballroom. Tickets to see the game live in the theater following the tailgate will be given away, as well as door prizes. There will also be a cash bar. Tickets for the tailgate are $18.55 each. Those interested solely in watching the game at the theater may do so for free by picking up general admission tickets at the Lerner box office. Doors will open at 7 p.m. for a live showing of the game, with seating and tickets available on a first-come, first-served basis. Concessions will be available through halftime. Tickets are limited to four per person. For information and tickets, call 293-4469.
• McCarthy’s on the Riverwalk, 333 Nibco Parkway, Elkhart, is offering a buffet starting at 6 p.m. for $14.95 per person that will include wings, appetizers, pizza and chocolate fondue, served in the lounge area with the game playing on all four big-screen televisions. $2 domestic beers and $8 buckets will also be available. For information and reservations, call 293-2830.
• Wings Etc., 105 C.R. 6, Elkhart, will be playing the game, with the usual Monday wing specials available. For information, call 206-8448.
• Constant Spring, 219 S. Main St., Goshen, will be open and will have a menu of some specials and appetizers, according to owner Jason Oswald.