Living Well with Cancer series has several January sessions
Posted: 01/01/2013 at 10:54 am
The sessions are:
• “Family Scrimmage: Tackling Cancer Together,” 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at RiverBend Wellness Center, 919 E. Jefferson. It will cover information and support for parents/guardians diagnosed with cancer and their school age children. Reservations are required.
• “Lettuce Us Talk Salads!,” 10 a.m. Jan. 9 at Michiana Hematology Oncology’s Advanced Center for Cancer Care, 1668 S. U.S. 421, Westville. Heather Borsa will explore salad options for healthy eating.
• “The Truth About Carbs,” 10 a.m. Jan. 10 at Michiana Hematology Oncology’s Advanced Center for Cancer Care, 5340 Holy Cross Parkway, Mishawaka. Heather Borsa will cover various types of carbohydrates.
• “ChemoBrain (Don’t Forget to Come!),” 4 p.m. Jan. 17 at Michiana Hematology Oncology’s Advanced Center for Cancer Care, Mishawaka. Rosemary Cox of Memorial BrainWorks will cover short-term and long-term effects of chemotherapy on brain function.
• “Exercise for Balance and Strength,” 10 a.m. Jan. 22 at Michiana Hematology Oncology’s Advanced Center for Cancer Care, Westville. Urszula Piergalski will cover the benefits of exercise and lead a demonstration to improve balance and core strength.
• “After the Cure: Long-Term Survival Issues,” 10 a.m. Jan. 24 at RiverBend Wellness Center. Toni Klatt-Ellis will present about progressive cancer survivorship and long-term effects.
• “Who Cares?,” 10 a.m. Jan. 29 at RiverBend Wellness Center. The session will explore the role of the caregiver and provide tips for self care.