Fitness classes targeted for Cass County seniors
Posted: 01/01/2013 at 11:11 am
• Marcellus Zumba Class will meet from 8:30 to 9:15 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at United Methodist Church, 197 W. Main, Marcellus. Cost is $20 per month or $5 for walk-ins.
• Vim & Vigor Transitions will meet from 9 to 9:45 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at Front Street Crossing, 227 S. Front St., Dowagiac. The class will focus on cardiac health, strength and balance. Cost is $25 per month or $5 for walk-ins.
• Let’s Move will meet at 9:45 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays at COA Lowe Center, 60525 Decatur Road. The class will focus on balance, range of motion and flexibility with a variety of exercises. Cost is $15 per month.
• S.E.A.T. (Sit, Exercise, and Tone) will meet at 10 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at Front Street Crossing. The seated exercise class will help maintain flexibility and strength. Cost is $25 per month or $5 for walk-ins.
• Fitness Activity Class will meet at 10:30 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays at COA Lowe Center. This free class provides a variety of fitness activities for people of all abilities.
• Tai Chi will meet at 11 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays at Front Street Crossing. Tai Chi helps build strength and balance while reducing stress. Cost is $20 per month.
• Aqua Fitness will meet at 8:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at Baymont Inn & Suites, 29291 Amerihost Drive, Dowagiac. This fitness class is gentle on joints and uses the resistance of water to build strength and energy. Cost is $55 for 10 sessions.
• Yoga will meet from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Saturdays at COA Lowe Center. Participants of any fitness level are welcome. Cost is $8 per class. Memberships to COA fitness centers are available for adults 18 and older, with discounts for anyone older than 60. For more information call 269-445-8110 or 800-323-0390 or visit www.casscoa.org.