Government at a glance: Goshen Board of Works
Posted: 12/29/2012 at 1:15 am
Major action: Authorized Mayor Allan Kauffman to execute an agreement with LionsHead Development LLC and to transfer the real estate at 218 Olive St. to LionsHead.
LionsHead has agreed to design, construct and maintain at its own cost a storm water improvement area that will address water runoff from its real estate, as well as from other real estate in the area. It will also construct a 10-inch public water main to provide service to the 63,000 square foot addition to its existing structure at 305 Steury Ave.
The city council approved waiving the $4,114 water connection fee at the Dec. 27 meeting.
• Approved promotion of Kevin Koontz to the rank of sergeant in the Goshen Police Department. The promotion was effective Friday and was enacted to fill the position left open after the promotion of Christopher Juroff to the rank of training lieutenant at the Dec. 17 meeting.
• Approved a change order for the 2012 paving project that requires additional work on the retention area on Eisenhower Drive, hauling and filling to the new Central Garage site on Steury Avenue and additional paving of Violett Road and College Avenue. The change increases the contract $12,190.87 to a final total of $116,603.37.
• Approved an agreement with HCRI Indiana Properties LLC and Trilogy Health Services LLC concerning the construction of a sidewalk connecting The Maples at Waterford Crossing to the city’s educational greenway that extends from Regent Street to Prairie View Elementary.
• Approved an agreement with The Crossing National Inc. for debris removal from a makeshift camp area along the Elkhart River.
• Approved an agreement with R. Schmucker Corp. for renovations to the Central Garage. The corporation, doing business as Rich’s Plumbing, will install and provide a plumbing hookup for city-supplied fixtures for an amount not to exceed $4,300 minus an amount of up to $450 to be discounted for the pex water line.