Entertainment Calendar - Nov. 15, 2012
Posted: 11/15/2012 at 1:15 am
GOPROV: A Family Portrait and Improv Comedy Show is at 8 p.m. Saturday at New World Arts. Wear an ugly sweater and have your “portrait” taken. Cost: $10. Tickets: www.brownpapertickets.com/event/214492. New World Arts is at 211 S. Main St., Goshen.
GOSHEN NOON KIWANIS CLUB: Travelogue Series — The next film is at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 19 in the Goshen Middle School auditorium. The film “Jesus in Egypt: The Greatest Untold Story” will play. Tickets are available at the door. Information: Deb Jones at 536-6091. The school is at 1216 S. Indiana Ave. (C.R. 21), Goshen.
AMISH ACRES ROUND BARN THEATRE
“Miracle on 34th Street” runs from through Dec. 31. Shows are at 2 or 8 p.m. depending on the date. Tickets start at $27.95 adults, $12.95 children 12-18, $6.95 children 4-11. For a complete show schedule, tickets and ticket availability call 800-800-4942, ext. 2, or visit www.amishacres.com. Amish Acres is at 1600 W. Market St., Nappanee.
GOSHEN COLLEGE: “Urinetown: The Musical” — The musical comedy will be performed at 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday. There will be a 3 p.m. matinee Sunday. Prices vary. The college is at 1700 S. Main St.
PUPPET PARLOR THEATRE: “Pinocchio”: Permanent theater at Concord Mall. Show times are 1 and 4 p.m. Wednesdays and Fridays, 1 and 3 p.m. Saturdays, and 2 and 4 p.m. Sundays. Information: 219-210-3428.
SOUTH BEND CIVIC THEATRE
• “She Loves Me” — Performances are at 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, 3 p.m. Sundays, and 7:30 p.m. Thursdays and Wednesdays from Nov. 30 to Dec. 16.
• A Laura Ingalls Wilder Christmas — Performances are at 2 p.m. Saturdays and 7 p.m. Sundays Dec. 1-15.
Tickets: The box office at 234-1112 or www.sbct.org. The theater is at 403 N. Main St.
BLUE GATE THEATER: “Half-Stitched: A Musical” will be performed through Dec. 8. Times vary. Ticket price varies with package. Performances are at 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted. Information: 888-447-4725. The theater is at 195 Van Buren St., Shipshewana.
GOSHEN COLLEGE: Lavender Jazz Fall Concert — The concert is at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 30. Tickets: Prices vary. Information: 535-7566, firstname.lastname@example.org or [URL]www.goshen.edu/tickets;. The college is at 1700 S. Main St., Goshen.
IGNITION GARAGE: Anne McCue — The bluesy folk singer will perform at 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets: $15. Ignition Garage is at 120 E. Washington St., Goshen.
MORRIS PERFORMING ARTS CENTER: Lewis Black, comedian, will perform at 8 p.m. today. Black performs as part of his Running on Empty tour. Tickets start at $29.75www.morriscenter.org;[URL], the Morris Center box office or charge by phone at 235-9190 or 800-537-6415. The Morris is at 211 N. Michigan St., South Bend.
• Friday — Harpists from Suzann Young-Davids studio
• Nov. 23 — Pianist Nicholas Roth
All concerts are at 7 p.m. in Ruthmere’s Game Room. Tickets: $20. Reservations: 264-0330, ext. 101. The museum is at 302 E. Beardsley Ave., Elkhart.
WAGON WHEEL THEATRE: Tickets for the New Year’s Eve concert by Diamond Rio are on sale. Shows are at 7 and 9:30 p.m. at the theater. Admission: Prices range between $47 and $65. Information and tickets: [/URL]www.wagonwheeltheatre.org;[URL]. The theater is at 2515 E. Center St., Warsaw.
APPALACHIAN CLOG DANCING: Dance lessons will be from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. every Thursday through Dec. 6 at Prairieview Missionary Church. No experience necessary. Class fees apply. Information: Becky at 773-3569, Maribeth at 825-9672 or Sharon at 457-2258. The church is at 2612 Dierdorf Road, Goshen.
GOSHEN JEWELERS GUILD: A two-session class on pierced ornaments taught by Judy Wenig-Horswell begins Nov. 27. Information: [/URL]goshenjewelersguild.wordpress.com;http://goshenjewelersguild.wordpress.com[URL]. The guild is at 212 W. Washington 28, Goshen.
MIDWEST MUSEUM OF ART
• Today — Susan Johnston talks about her two photographs that won the best photography award.
• Nov. 22 — Closed for Thanksgiving.
• Nov. 29 — Justin and Brooke Rothshank discuss their lives as artists.
Talks are every Thursday from 12:20 to 1 p.m. and are free. Information and registration: 293-6660 or [/URL]www.midwestmuseum.us;[URL]. The museum is at 429 S. Main St., Elkhart.
Dance class schedule:
• 9:15 to 10:15 a.m. — Beginner Hip Hop, ages 8-12
• 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. — Intermediate Hip Hop, ages 13-17
• 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. — Pre-school Boot Camp, ages 3-7
Classes cost $20 each. Information and registration: Sue Frost-Mayse at 293-4469 or email@example.com. Premier Arts is at 410 S. Main St., Elkhart.
STUDEBAKER PAVILION: Dance classes are being offered through Monday at the pavilion, 1020 McDonald St., Elkhart. The next set of classes begins Nov. 26 and runs through Jan. 7. Beginner’s classes are from 6 to 7 p.m. and beginner and intermediate combined classes are from 7 to 8 p.m. Cost: $60 per session or $15 per week. Partner required. Information: [/URL]www.elkhartindiana.org/parks;http://www.elkhartindiana.org/parks[URL].
ARTWALK: The application deadline for the December 2012 Artwalk is Friday. Artwalk Wednesday is from 5 to 8 p.m. Dec. 5. Information and application: [/URL]www.downtownelkhart.org/arts-entertainment/artwalk;http://www.downtownelkhart.org/arts-entertainment/artwalk[URL].
BRADLEY VITE FINE ART: The museum specializes in 19th and 20th century American art. The museum is open from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and by appointment. The museum is at 1600 W. Beardsley Ave.
CIRCAARTS GALLERY: Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. The gallery is at 528 E. Colfax Ave., South Bend. Information: 233-8400.
ELKHART COUNTY HISTORICAL MUSEUM: Temporary exhibit “The Home Front: Elkhart County During World War II” is open. The museum is at 304 W. Vistula St., Bristol. Hours are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. There is no admission charge, but donations are accepted.
FIRE ARTS: Fall art classes are being offered. Information: 282-2787 or [/URL]www.fireartsinc.com;[URL]. Fire Arts is at 305 E. Colfax Ave., South Bend.
GALLERY AT THE MILLRACE: The gallery is at 212 W. Washington St., Goshen.
HALL OF HEROES SUPER HERO MUSEUM: Information: 293-0755. The museum is at 58005 C.R. 105.
HOSTETLER’S HUDSON AUTO MUSEUM: The museum contains 48 permanent museum cars and 10 to 12 cars from Hostetler’s personal collection. The museum is open Monday through Saturday. Admission. Information: 260-768-3021 or [/URL]www.hostetlershudsons.com;[URL]. The museum is at 760 S. Van Buren St., Shipshewana.
NATIONAL NEW YORK CENTRAL RAILROAD MUSEUM: The Stanley Bell model railroad collection includes hundreds of pieces on display. Six trains operating at the same time. Interactive displays. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, noon to 4 p.m. Sunday. Information: 294-3001. The museum is at 721 S. Main St., Elkhart.
MIDDLEBURY MUSEUM: Hours: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays, free. The museum is at 301 Bristol Ave.
MIDWEST MUSEUM OF AMERICAN ART: Work submitted to the 34th Elkhart Juried Regional will be on display through Dec. 2. The museum is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Admission. Information: 293-6660 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The museum is at 429 S. Main St., Elkhart.
NORTHERN INDIANA ARTISTS INC.: 514 Lincoln Way E., Mishawaka. Gallery hours: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
• Twelve Days of Christmas — Christmas-themed tours will begin Nov. 24 and run through Dec. 30 during regular tour hours. Special evening tours will be given between 6 and 7:30 p.m. Dec. 27 and 28.
• Guided tours of the mansion are offered on the hour from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday. Admission. Information: 264-0330.
Information: 264-0330 or [/URL]www.Ruthmere.org;http://www.fireartsinc.com[URL]. The museum is at 302 E. Beardsley Ave., Elkhart.
RV/MH HALL OF FAME: Open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Admission. Information: 293-2344. Located at 21565 Executive Blvd., south of the Indiana Toll Road, east off C.R. 17.
SNITE MUSEUM OF ART
• An exhibition of paintings, oil sketches and drawings titled “Breaking the Mold: The Legacy of the Noah L. and Muriel S. Butkin Collection of Nineteenth Century French Art” is on display through Dec. 2.
• “Fragility and Resilience,” Sculptures by Stephen De Staebler, is on display through Dec. 2.
• Father Lindesmith’s Collection runs through Dec. 2.
Information: 631-5466 or [/URL]sniteartmuseum.nd.edu;http://sniteartmuseum.nd.edu[URL]. The museum is at 100 Moose Krause Circle, University of Notre Dame.
SOUTH BEND MUSEUM OF ART: The Displaced: Regional artist Doug Kinsey will have his art on exhibit through Dec. 2.
Information: 235-9102 or [/URL]www.southbendart.org;http://www.indianahistory.org/lhs/hha[URL].
STUDEBAKER NATIONAL MUSEUM
• There will be an open house from 5:30 to 8 p.m. today.
• Studebaker at the Brickyard: The exhibit opens Friday and runs through April 28. The exhibit will focus on the Studebaker’s factory-backed teams in 1932 and 1933.
• Studebaker Super Service Center: The exhibit displays a realistic service center for kids, a kid-sized car and the chance to order parts and work with tools to keep their vehicle purring.
The museum is at 201 S. Chapin St., South Bend. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. Admission. Information: 235-9714, 888-391-5600 or [/URL]www.studebakermuseum.org;http://www.arts.gov/bluestarmuseums[URL].
WOODLAWN NATURE CENTER: Hours: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, 1 to 5 p.m. Friday, 1 to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Information: 264-0525. The center is at 604 Woodlawn Ave.
BARNEY’S BAR: Barney’s Bar and DJ Killa Keebz have teamed up for trivia nights covering sports and music for prizes including gift certificates for food or drinks from 7 to 11 p.m. Tuesdays at the bar, 2700 Hammond Ave. No cover charge. Information: 387-7882 or email@example.com.
CAPPY’S NORTH SIDE TAVERN: Live bands take the stage starting at 10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. No cover charge. The bar is at 1000 N. Michigan St.
CLUB FEVER: The club is at 222 S. Michigan St., South Bend.
THE EATERY/READS AND THINGS, 630 E University Drive, Granger. Mary Miles will perform from 7 to 9 p.m. Friday.
• Today — Chad Miller
• Friday — Three Men in Kilts
• Saturday — Wake Forest at ND
In the restaurant at 127 N. Main St., South Bend. Information: 232-2853 or [/URL]www.fiddlershearth.com;http://www.southbendart.org[URL].
• Friday — The Incredible Johnsons
• Saturday — The Woodman Music Show
• Nov. 21 — The Woodman Music Show
All bands begin at 10 p.m. The restaurant is at 600 S. Main St., Elkhart. Information: 295-8882.
ROCK BOTTOM BAR: Bryan Barr sings and plays from 7 to 10 p.m. Tuesdays, with karaoke set up for guests interested in singing along. Information: 294-8888. The bar is at 2220 S. Nappanee St.
RULLI’S BELLA LUNA BAR: Information: 825-7222 or [/URL]www.facebook.com/RullisBellaLuna;[URL]. The bar is at 851 U.S. 20, Middlebury.
SIGNATURE LANES: The Rattlers will perform from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Saturday.
SPORTS TIME PUB AND GRILL: All Stars Jazz Band: The band plays from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday.
. The restaurant is at 56199 Parkway Ave., Elkhart. Information: 970-5940.
SWEET CREAMS SODA SHOP
• Friday — Drew and Friends
• Saturday — Michael Harding and Sheila, 6 to 8 p.m.
All concerts are free and begin at 7 p.m. The shop is in the Rowe building at 700 S. Main St. Information: 970-5568.
WHISKEY DICK’S SALOON: JT Buffett will perform Friday. The saloon is at 561 E Jackson Blvd.
BARNEY’S BAR: Today, Friday and Saturday
BOLT’S: Friday and Saturday
BOWLY’S CRYSTAL BAR: Saturday
CAPPY’S NORTH SIDE TAVERN: 9:30 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday
CHAMELEON EXPERIENCE: Today and Sunday
CHICAGO GRILL & BAR: Wednesday
CONSTANT SPRING: Wednesday
GARVER LAKE BAR & GRILL: Today and Saturday
MY DAD’S PLACE: Tuesday through Sunday
PHYL’S CORNER: Friday and Saturday
POOR TONY’S RESTAURANT AND LOUNGE: 6 to 10 p.m. Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. Friday and Saturday
SIGNATURE LANES: 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Friday
VFW POST 88: 8 p.m. to midnight Saturday
Also In The Area
HESSTON STEAM MUSEUM: Santa’s Candy Cane Express — Christmas trains will run from noon to 5 p.m. CST Dec. 1 and 2 and Dec. 8 and 9. Tickets: $5 adults, $3 kids 12 and younger. Information: 219-778-2783 on weekends or [/URL]www.hesston.org;http://www.hesston.org[URL]. The museum is at 1201 E. 1000 N.
BATTELL CENTER THEATER: A Merry Como Christmas — Descendents of singer Perry Como will perform at 8 p.m. weekends through Saturday. Tickets: $11 adults, $10 seniors and may be purchased at the box office. The theater is at 904 N. Main St.
• Friday — Junior and the Igniters. Cover: $6
• Nov. 24 — Billy Stix Nicks and the Motown Blues Show and Dance Band. Cover: $10
All times are at 9 p.m. unless otherwise noted. Information: 255-0458. The tavern is at 810 W. Fourth St.
HAMMES NOTRE DAME
BOOKSTORE: Authors Brandon Crouch and Frank Corrigan will be at the bookstore for a book signing from 3 to 5 p.m. Friday and from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday. Crouch and Corrigan are known for their Notre Dame football children’s book series. The bookstore is at 1234 N. Eddy St. 101.
IU SOUTH BEND
• IUSB Jazz Ensemble — The performance is at 7:30 p.m. today in the campus auditorium in Northside Hall. Tickets: $5 to $9, free for students and children.
• “It’s a Wonderful Life” — The performance is at 8 p.m. Nov. 29 to Dec. 1, at 4 p.m. Dec. 1 and a matinee will be at 2 p.m. Dec. 2 in the Upstage of Northside Hall. Tickets: $5 to $9, free for students and children.
• Student Art Exhibition — Student work will be on display Nov. 29 to Dec. 1 in the East Lounge of Northside Hall. An opening reception is from 4 to 6 p.m. Nov. 29.
Information: 520-4203 or [/URL]arts.iusb.edu;[URL]. The university is at 1700 W. Mishawaka Ave.
MORRIS PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
• Black Friday Love and Laugh Concert — The concert begins at 8 p.m. Nov. 23.
• Tickets are on sale for the 7:30 p.m. Dec. 19 performance by Under the Streetlamp. Tickets: 800-537-6415 or [/URL]www.MorrisCenter.org;[URL]. The theater is at 211 N. Michigan St.
BRAUER MUSEUM OF ART: The art of George Ames Aldrich will be on display at the museum through Friday. The museum is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays, 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays and noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sundays. The museum is at 1709 Chapel Drive on the Valparaiso University Campus.
BUCHANAN ART CENTER: Gallery hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
FIRESIDE TAP AND GRILL: South of Somewhere performs 9 p.m. to midnight Thursdays at the bar, 69245 Maple St. No cover charge. Information: 269-414-4103.
SOUTHWESTERN MICHIGAN COLLEGE: The Way We Worked — The exhibit will run today through Dec. 14 in room 141 of the Dale A. Lyons Building. Hours for the exhibit are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. The college is at 58900 Cherry Grove Road.
FOUR WINDS CASINO: Tickets are on sale for The Prince Tribute Show: Purple Reign. The show is at 9 p.m. Dec. 31 at Hard Rock Cafe in the casino. Information: [/URL]www.fourwindscasino.com;[URL]. The casino is at 11111 Wilson Road, New Buffalo.
FERNWOOD BOTANICAL GARDENS AND NATURE PRESERVE
• Railway Garden: Replicas of Buchanan’s Pears Mill, the Niles Depot, the St. Joseph Lighthouse and Notre Dame’s Golden Dome.
• Early Winter Yoga Classes — Classes are from 12:30 to 1:45 p.m. Saturdays through Dec. 15.
• Shades of Pastels and Oils — The exhibit by artist William Jensen runs through Sunday.
• Sculpture Fernwood: A map is available for your visit and an exhibit catalog is available for purchase. All sculptures but Lorenzo are for sale. Sculpture Fernwood runs through Labor Day 2013.
Fernwood is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, noon to 6 p.m. Sunday.
Information: 269-695-6491 or [/URL]www.fernwoodbotanical.org;. The gardens are at 13988 Range Line Road.
The Entertainment Calendar appears each Thursday in The Elkhart Truth. Deadline for submissions to the calendar is 5 p.m. Monday. Notice of upcoming concerts, theater performances, exhibits and events may be addressed to: Entertainment Calendar, The Elkhart Truth, P.O. Box 487, Elkhart, IN 46515; faxed to 294-3895