Old National Bank offers tips to raise awareness of fraud
Posted: 11/13/2012 at 12:01 pm
• Protect yourself online by keeping your computer up to date, using anti-malware software, using different passwords and being cautious of personal information posted on social networking websites.
• Become familiar with ATMs used regularly.
• Protect yourself from ATM scams such as suspicious devices or extra warning signs attached.
• Ask for help from a bank employee, not a stranger, when an ATM is having problems.
• Report stolen, missing or lost cards immediately.
• Monitor your credit and credit report regularly.
• Only carry necessary credit cards in a purse or wallet.
• Ask credit reporting agencies for fraud alert protection, which requires confirmation of new accounts opened in your name.