Garbage pickup schedule changing for Elkhart neighborhood
Posted: 10/03/2012 at 1:15 am
By: Dan Spalding
Beginning in less than two weeks, residents living on Rainbow Bend Boulevard west of Nappanee Street will have trash and recycling picked up on Mondays.
Residents on the entire stretch of the street normally have service on Fridays.
The change became necessary after access to the eastern portion of the road from Nappanee Street was closed off permanently as a result of the road work on Nappanee Street.
The change was announced by Laura Kolo, utility services manager, during Tuesday’s board of works meeting.
The change affects about 33 customers.
The schedule will change Oct. 15.
In other matters:
• The board approved a bid for $185,000 by McCoy Miller for an ambulance.
• The board approved a bid for $22,504 by Van Ausdall and Farrar for a new phone system for public works and utilities offices.
• Approved a credit on a portion of a bill for HKB Inc., of West Lexington Avenue because of a water leak.
• Approved a compromise of sorts to credit a portion of a water bill for a residential customer on 2nd Street. The woman had sought about a $30 credit and will receive credit for half. The dispute involved a faulty underground device that transmits information for billing and an abnormally high water bill.
• Approved an $800 fine against McDowell Enterprises for a violation of wastewater discharge policy. The violation stems from a test indicating higher than allowed levels of zinc, copper, nickel and chromium over a four day period.