Ozone alert issued
Posted: 07/04/2012 at 11:30 am
High levels of ozone can cause coughing and breathing difficulties especially in children, the elderly and anyone with a heart or lung condition.
To help reduce ozone, IDEM encourages all Hoosiers to:
• walk, bike, carpool or use public transportation.
• avoid using the drive-through.
• combine errands into one trip.
• avoid using gasoline-powered lawn equipment until after 7 p.m.
• turn off your car engine when idling for more than 30 seconds.
• conserve energy at home by turning off lights and setting the air conditioner at 75 degrees or above.
To learn more about ozone or sign up for air quality forecasts visit www.SmogWatch.IN.gov.