ADEC annual meeting celebrates friends and family
Posted: 11/02/2011 at 1:15 am
By: Alyssa Morones
Click here to view in a gallery.
“Brian's service to ADEC is without rival,” said Paula Shively, the agency's CEO. “His business expertise has been invaluable and his financial support tremendous. But most of all, he has been a great friend.”
Founded in 1952, ADEC is a nonprofit corporation that provides services to disabled individuals and their families. It strives to help these individuals discover and share their talents with the community as employees, students, neighbors, consumers, teammates, advocates and community servants.
Other awards presented during the meeting at the Matterhorn:
● Outstanding Support by an Individual — Dale Hummel, Elkhart.
● Outstanding Support by an Organization — Big Idea Co., Mishawaka; Elkhart Memorial High School;and First Congregational Church, Elkhart.
● Outstanding Employer — Dometic; AVI Services, Goshen; and Pizza Hut, Nappanee.
● Friend of ADEC — Dr. Carolyn Hudson and nurse Kathy DeWitt of the Elkhart Clinic and Steve McCloskey of Wellfield Botanic Gardens.
● Volunteer Award — Ted Yost, Goshen.
Additionally, ADEC honored 33 clients, volunteers and employees with awards from a variety of categories:
● Community Service — Karen Green, Chuck Lee, Marvin Stuller and Brandon Harty.
● Most Improved Musician — Joyce Hamilton and Pam Wagner.
● Sportsmanship — Vardaman and Katie Williams.
● Friendship — Dennis Patterson, Penny Vollstedt, Petals Price, Amy Keerl and the late Rocky Hockert.
● Dare to Dream — Jennifer Blake and Rachel Smead.
● Outstanding Employees — Jeff Jobin, Ervin Miller, Willie Jackson and Zollie Moore.
● Sense of Humor — Scott Buck, Bruce Wilverman, Dave Wogoman, Richard Williams and Darrel Harper.
● Most Improved Artists — Erin Smoker, Carrie Galbreath and Catie Alexander.
● Man About Town — Robert Cram.
● Butterfly Award — Tim Manning.
● Rise and Shine — Pat Snider.
● Loyalty — Amber Smith.
● Perseverance — Linda Hartzell.
● Most Improved Attitude — Jonathan Jackson.